Transcript with current schedule

mistrettas
Apprentice

Transcript with current schedule

Every school I have worked with is now being asked for senior transcripts including the grades for 9-11 and the courses the student is taking this year. I am looking for a slick way to add course information to the bottom of a transcript. Of course, after grades are stored for the first time, this is no longer necessary. But scholarships are looking for these reports now, not after we get through a grading period.

I have kind of been able to do this by using the *period_info dat. But the students are not in classes for every period, so I am getting blank lines when a student is not enrolled for a specific period. 

6 Replies
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

You can store a blank grade with a store code you don't normally use, such as Z1.

I did think about storing a blank grade. Did not think about using store code of Z1 - that is a good idea. My questions is now this - I am a contractor working for a school who lost their registrar and all of their PS expertise. I am trying to get things in good order so I can hand it over to another registrar when they hire one (I estimate 12-15 months). Do you think this strategy is sustainable? Have you done that and has it caused any issues? Thanks for your help

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

I work with over 70 PS Districts, and many of them do this at the start of each year.

Do they delete those empty historical grade records or just leave them out there?

mistrettas
Apprentice

And since school has started I guess I should store with a later Quarter so I don't get any grades. Right?

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Most will delete the blank grades right after storing Q1, then they can change that transcript object to pull quarter store-codes instead of the Z1s.

Yes, you should store some reporting term like a June exam that will be blank.