Scheduling Elective Classes With Teaming

paquetk1
Padawan

Scheduling Elective Classes With Teaming

We are a 7th and 8th grade middle school where students are divided into 4 teams (2 per grade) and go to their core classes exclusively with teachers on their team. However, elective classes are taught by teachers who are not affiliated with a team--they see students from different teams throughout their day. Will trying to schedule teachers with no team create a problem when building a schedule in Power Scheduler? If so, is there a solution that would work for these elective teachers? Appreciate any advice the community can offer. Thanks!

1 Reply
nicolebond
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

I am in the same boat as you.  When you set up a team and assign teachers to that team, I don't think they can go with other Teams. Therefore, I would have to multiple aux teachers.  Instead of using Teams, I was thinking of creating classes and naming them after my team, like Star Academy ELA-7th. Then mass enrolling students in those classes. Then the aux teachers could still be the teachers for the Star Academy students and the students not in Star Academy. 

Nicole Bond
Director of Attendance and Enrollment
Haywood County Schools
Brownsville, TN

Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution. Thanks!

Mentors_badgeChampions_badge