Reportworks asking for username and password (my admin one not working)

Johnsosj
Hobbyist

Reportworks asking for username and password (my admin one not working)

I have enabled Java in my Chrome Browser extensions and managed to get Reportworks to start and connect to Powerschool server.

It now asks me for my password and username.

I enter them, but I am told it is an invalid username/password.

I have done this four times, each time manually checking every character.

What is the secret?

(Locally hosted PS server.

Version 22.10.0.0.222771357)

Any help appreciated from Reportworkers. 

1 Solution
Johnsosj
Hobbyist

If anyone is having the same problems I had, here is a helpful solution to the question I posed (I played around and found out) as there was nothing online about this I could see)....

Firstly, when I clicked on the LAUNCH button for Reportworks it did nothing but download a reportworks.jnlp file.

Unable to locate any other support or help in the community, I installed Java on my laptop (WIndows 11). Back to the Future 2000s.

Realising the browserwas trying to open the Java file, I installed a Chrome Extension called IE Tab which handles older versions of software,

This let Reportworks actually open and as for my login. Which lead me to posting my initial quesiton. Why aren't my credentials working.

Wel, they were working - there was a checkbox that needed to be ticked in Admin section of Applications that said I was allowed to use Reportworks.

Step 1: Navigate to this Admin page.
Start Page > Staff > Select A Staff Member > Security Settings - Applications - Joe Bloggs

Step 2: On the Applications tab, click the checkbox allowing access.

Johnsosj_0-1713185047771.png

The Applications Tab has a pinned note that Developers need a Usernameand Password on the Admin Access tab. When I check this tab, I have a username and a password. It is already filled in.

Johnsosj_1-1713185268026.png

The password and the username are the ones I use to access PowerSchool.
So when I open Reportworks, it now signs me straight in.

Johnsosj_2-1713185406307.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

The ReportWorks account credentials are not the same as your PowerSchool login credentials.

If anyone is having the same problems I had, here is a helpful solution to the question I posed (I played around and found out) as there was nothing online about this I could see)....

Firstly, when I clicked on the LAUNCH button for Reportworks it did nothing but download a reportworks.jnlp file.

Unable to locate any other support or help in the community, I installed Java on my laptop (WIndows 11). Back to the Future 2000s.

Realising the browserwas trying to open the Java file, I installed a Chrome Extension called IE Tab which handles older versions of software,

This let Reportworks actually open and as for my login. Which lead me to posting my initial quesiton. Why aren't my credentials working.

Wel, they were working - there was a checkbox that needed to be ticked in Admin section of Applications that said I was allowed to use Reportworks.

Step 1: Navigate to this Admin page.
Start Page > Staff > Select A Staff Member > Security Settings - Applications - Joe Bloggs

Step 2: On the Applications tab, click the checkbox allowing access.

Johnsosj_0-1713185047771.png

The Applications Tab has a pinned note that Developers need a Usernameand Password on the Admin Access tab. When I check this tab, I have a username and a password. It is already filled in.

Johnsosj_1-1713185268026.png

The password and the username are the ones I use to access PowerSchool.
So when I open Reportworks, it now signs me straight in.

Johnsosj_2-1713185406307.png