New Terms

apsaunders
Rookie

New Terms

We have implemented a new series of class that do not follow our normal quarters.  We are keeping the quarters for some classes.  I have set these up on the live side and on Powerscheduler, but I keep getting the following error message:

Data Error Extra terms found:  In term portion #4, 8 terms defined. (ExtraTermsFound)

What am I missing that I need to do to make this work?

9 Replies
DanM3
Elite

Can you take a screenshot of your years and terms for 2024-2025 in PowerScheduler and the live side for 2024-2025? That will help people troubleshoot your issue.

Dan Morgan
Saint Mary's College High School - Berkeley, CA
PowerSchool Hosted - v 20.4.3 - 600 Students
PowerSchool User and Admin since 2000

apsaunders
Rookie

apsaunders_0-1714562081133.png

apsaunders_1-1714562478346.png

DanM3
Elite

Wow, I definitely see the problem.  With Reporting Terms under grading you can over lapping terms (we use Trimesters and under T1 we have P1 which is the first six weeks and then T1 which is all 12 weeks.) You can't do that in Years and Terms (live side or PowerSchedule) because you get the overlapping issues.). Not sure how to fix it but I would recommend three things:  1) Place this question under PowerSchool SIS Administrators forum. Most admins don't follow the general Community Forum because ANYONE can post. 2) If you are a member of PSUG, you could also post it there. 3) If you are the Technical Contact for your school/district, give support a call.

Dan Morgan
Saint Mary's College High School - Berkeley, CA
PowerSchool Hosted - v 20.4.3 - 600 Students
PowerSchool User and Admin since 2000

apsaunders
Rookie

Apparently I don't have access to admin boards.  Is there a way to delete terms (on the live side and PowerScheduler) once they've been created as long as they aren't associated with anything?  

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

You can do it in DDA, but be very very careful.

Since I'm very new to this, what do you mean by DDA?

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

It is a "version" of DDE (Direct Data Export) called Direct Data Access. It's for advanced users only and you can cause some serious damage to your database if you do not know what you are doing.

I think I'll steer clear of that.  If I leave them in but don't use them, will they cause a problem or error?

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

I would contact your PS Admin if you have one and ask them to correct the issue if you need to delete them. If not, contact PS Support and they can likely do it. You could also just edit the dates so there are no gaps or overlap in your terms.