Is there a way for PS to automatically flag when a student attends?

drec

Is there a way for PS to automatically flag when a student attends?

Hello,

I'm a school social worker/attendance counsellor. I have a very big roster of students at my high school. 

It is very cumbersome for me to check on all of my attendance-problem students every day, to see if they came to school or not. Is there a way to set up Powerschool, to notify me by email or some sort of flag in PS, if a student is present on a given day?

1 Reply
Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @drec,

Attendance Tracking and Notification can be used in combination with the basic PowerSchool attendance setup. The additional setup elements allow for tracking of truant attendance using a combination of thresholds and triggers. Each time a student meets or exceeds a specific threshold, a notification record is created in the PowerSchool database. The notification records can be used to print attendance letters for students with truant attendance.

If you have access to PowerSource, you may access this resource from PowerSource.

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!