Import attendance to PS

Powerschool3040
Padawan

Import attendance to PS

Hi,

I am unable to import the below daily attendance to PS.

Powerschool3040_2-1696485376122.png

It gives me below warnings. Any suggestions?

Powerschool3040_0-1696485244021.pngPowerschool3040_1-1696485258736.png

I was referring to the import template and has saved daily attendance sheet as tab delimited file before uploading. Dates were also formatted as required before import.

Any luck?

14 Replies
ItsOnlyDoug
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

Have you verified that those attendance codes match codes in that building?

Doug Skinner

District Instructional Data Officer
Gateway Regional School District

Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.

Powerschool3040
Padawan

@ItsOnlyDoug , Thank you for your response.

I tried with the equivalent numeric code as well (E.g. Code 442 for Absent (A) and so on). Still that dint work.

Any suggestions?

Powerschool3040
Padawan

Hi, 

Any suggestions?

ItsOnlyDoug
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

Are you importing at the school level or district level? 

Doug Skinner

Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.

Powerschool3040
Padawan

I am importing at the school level

ItsOnlyDoug
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

You are using a tab delimited .txt file correct? 

Doug Skinner

Powerschool3040
Padawan

@ItsOnlyDoug , Yes I am using tab delimited file. Now the attendance is getting imported. However, it shows a different attendance date time stamp on the screen after import and attendance update done is not getting reflected in PS. I refer to the student attendance screen.

ItsOnlyDoug
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

Would you be able to send me the file you are importing so I can look at it? 

Doug Skinner

Powerschool3040
Padawan

Below is a snapshot of the file

Powerschool3040_0-1697600574474.png

ItsOnlyDoug
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

Ok, is this EA code set to count towards ADA and Membership?

Also, after you import have you tried running the Refresh Attendance Views operation? 

Doug Skinner

Powerschool3040
Padawan

@ItsOnlyDoug ,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes this code is set to count towards ADA and Membership.

I am still not able to import the file again correctly.

Can you please advise?

Powerschool3040
Padawan

Hi,

I tried to import one sample record in LIVE and it imported successfully. I added the period ID as well to the import file as below and tried to import. However when I navigate back to the student's attendnace page in PowerSchool, it does not show any results as expected. Could you please advise on how to verify the attendance in PowerSchool after importing the records?

Thanks.

ItsOnlyDoug
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

I would check the attendance of the specific student you imported. If it worked it should show on the student's attendance pages.

Doug Skinner

Powerschool3040
Padawan

It shows as successfully imported but on the attendance page it does not reflect.
Should we give the period number, section number etc while updating along with the student number and attendance code and attendance date?