Convert Assessment Items to Item Bank

jroche2

Convert Assessment Items to Item Bank

Hello, I am looking to copy assessment items (from assessments that I have made in a course) to a question bank or item bank. I cannot find a way to do this. 

Has anyone found a work-around that does not entail archaically copying and pasting each stem and response options? Simply creating assessments initially inside a bank is not the solution I am looking for. Thanks.

6 Replies
JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @jroche2 

Currently, there is no way to add questions from assessment to item bank/question bank directly. You can add questions from the test to the question bank and then convert the question bank to the item bank and then add questions from the item bank to the assessment. But you cannot add questions from Tests/quizzes or assessments into the item bank.

You can share this idea as an Enhancement Request on  PowerSchool Ideas Portal so that the product team can take a look at this. This article should walk you through how to raise an Enhancement Request.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

Dr_Phil_Pulley

Even though they have promised feature equity with Test/Quiz the ability to create an Item Bank from an existing Assessment is STILL not possible or even on the roadmap. Shame on PS.

SandMathRocks
Padawan

I don't see a way to add test items to a question bank. I see how to convert a question bank to an item bank, but I'm not seeing how I can place questions from an assessment that I created into a question bank.  Can you help with that?

Dr_Phil_Pulley

Go to your Test/Quiz and click on the "Options" button. Select "Add Questions to Question Bank".

Follow the steps to select all of the questions or just the ones you want.

Pro Tip: Create a location for them in your Resources first and then select that for your location.

Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 2.06.28 PM.png

SandMathRocks
Padawan

Hi, I don't have that option when I click on my assessments:

SandMathRocks_0-1712171891117.png

When I click on the assessment, it takes me straight to the Questions page:

SandMathRocks_1-1712171972548.png

Can you tell me why our license isn't showing what you're saying to do?  Thanks.

Dr_Phil_Pulley

Sorry, when you said "test items," I thought you were referring to Test/Quiz but Assessments are different. There is NO option to convert questions from an existing Assessment to an Item Bank. (That was the original question of this thread.)

This has been promised but it 'quietly' disappeared from the roadmap a few years back.

They do not care about improving the product for end users.