CRDC for 2021-2022 Collection

huntert6110

CRDC for 2021-2022 Collection

Hi, is there any word on when the CRDC data collection tool for the 2021-2022 school year will be available? I'm currently only seeing the report for the 2020-2021 school year.

43 Replies
nicolebond
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

In my district, HR and the department of student services

Nicole Bond
Director of Attendance and Enrollment
Haywood County Schools
Brownsville, TN

Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution. Thanks!

Mentors_badgeChampions_badge
HIZKIAG
Journeyman

At VUSD I do most of it, except for the staff section which is done by Human Resources.

shackbarth
Hobbyist

Which department are you in?

kcrable
Practitioner

Business Office/Payroll

lluering
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

We divide it up.  School Principals complete most of the form, but HR completes the Teacher FTE Section and the Director of Technology completes the Technology portion.

JeromeO
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

@shackbarth wrote:

Interested to know which department in your district completes the CRDC, or is it sent out to the individual school sites?

I do it all.  But that's because my team also works hand in hand with both our enrollment department and our HR department to submit the annual state reports, so I have access to all of the academic and personnel data that CRDC requires, which also helps when I have to yell at them ... er, I mean "provide an explanation" ... when they're wrong.

I only ask our district athletics director for the sports participation numbers.  Otherwise, we have everything else.

-----------
Troy School District, Troy, MI, USA
District Size: 12,000+
Server Config: On-prem/Self-hosted 3 app+1 db+2 test

Need to ask me a question or get my attention? Tag me with @JeromeO in your post and I'll be notified!

I am not a PowerSchool employee

Mentors_badgeChampions_badge2023 Mentor of the Year.png2022 Nominated Mentor of the Year.png2021 Content Creator of the Year.png
shackbarth
Hobbyist

Which dept. are you in?

jwilkins56
Journeyman

Depends on the size of your district. Ours is very small (MS/HS combined and 1 Elementary) so the other building secretary and I completed the report because we also do all the state reporting. We filled in the info for our buildings on the school form and collaborated on the LEA form. To complete the information for the CRDC we had to export data from our SIS and Special Ed database and we used reports from MSDS for Count Day and REP data. Finally, we had to create a flat file and then correct or confirm any warnings/errors that were flagged. 

It would have been nice if we could have used one report in PowerSchool instead of creating a multitude of exports. That was tedious.

MarkM8
Apprentice

Is the report actually functioning for you?

shackbarth
Hobbyist

It did, but I still have to input/upload a lot of the data manually.

lluering
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Yes. After we updated the State Reporting Installer to 24.1.2.0.3.0 we now have a report (under State Reports or Compliance Reports if you are using EU) for 2021-2022 CRDC version 1.1crdc.jpg

BrandonS2
Apprentice

I added a screenshot but I can not get the students who passed Alg 1 to pull I do have the student's enrollment working just not who passed anyone now how to fix this or it is a bug I am from IL

jwilkins56
Journeyman

Small school so after jumping through a couple of hoops I just gave up and went through historical grades since we only had 138 students at the MS/HS.

BrandonS2
Apprentice

Just reaching back out has anyone figured out how to get the report to pull the kids who passed in the report working? for the Math and science classes.

HIZKIAG
Journeyman

@ BrandonS2:  They didn't ask for the passing rates for Science, only Math.  So for Math, I used the grades from STOREDGRADES table for 2021-22 for Algebra.  For Science, it only asks the enrollment, and I used the enrollment in Science classes in October 2021.

adagallegos1
Journeyman

Unfortunately, my report keeps failing.  last night our system got the most recent update and nothing has changed with the report.  any advice?

jwilkins56
Journeyman

@adagallegos1 Are you getting specific errors?

adagallegos1
Journeyman

Error code- 0

Error message:

The error occurred in file:///G:\hawest-NM131\PowerSchool\temp\tomcat-olap\core.CRDC_System_insertData_2022.xml.8858402331399569159.tmp. --- The error occurred while applying a parameter map. --- Check the insertIntoCRDCSystemStudentsTable_2022.oracle-InlineParameterMap. --- Check the statement (update failed). --- Cause: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-20102: COMMON_CRDC_REPORT_2022.getCommonCRDCStudentDetails - An error was encountered - -942 -ERROR- ORA-00942: table or view does not exist ORA-06512: at "PS.COMMON_CRDC_REPORT_2022", line 2393

jwilkins56
Journeyman

Have updated your schools for CRDC 2021-2022 in PowerSchool?

At the District level:

Start Page > District Setup >
Schools/School Info > Edit School > Civil Rights Data Collection 2021-2022

At the bottom is the CRDC Collection Information (see image in attachment)

When you click on that link it takes you to a page that has the schools listed in the district.

Click on a school to see if the information is correct or to edit the information used for the CRDC report.  If this page does not contain the correct information for 2021-2022 the report will not populate. 

I am from a small district (2 schools) so I used various PS reports to complete the Excel Templates for LEA and Schools that the CRDC provided. 

adagallegos1
Journeyman

thank you so much for the help! we are a charter school and we are our own district. I appreciate your guidance.  It makes more sense now. ðŸ˜Š

jwilkins56
Journeyman

We only had 238 students in 21/22. We decided that the time spent on getting the PS report to run correctly was about the same as using the Excel Templates that the CRDC provides on their website and other reports from PS and MSDS.