PowerSchool Community Feedback and Suggestions

jbidk
Community Manager
Community Manager

PowerSchool Community Feedback and Suggestions

Do you have feedback on how our new PowerSchool Community looks and functions?

Do you have suggestions for how we can make our Community even better?

Please post your feedback and suggestions here. We'll review all posts and share updates. 

We look forward to hearing from you!

JbidK
Director, Support Community
160 Replies
SolangeS
Journeyman

I'd like to see an assignment counter in PowerTeacherPro.

Right now, teachers create an assignment and update it for each student, so parents can see, at a glance, how their student is doing in that subject.

When a parent/student opens the list of assignments, it shows all of them, even if it does not belong to the current grading period! It's difficult to determine which ones to tackle first. However, if a counter shows the number of missing assignments for the current grading period, then it would be easier to narrow down which late assignments to go over

Please consider this feature

Thanks in advance

ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @SolangeS,

Good Day! Thank you for your feedback. We understand your concern and this can be a great idea for a future enhancement request.

We encourage you to share this idea with our development team for review on the Ideas Portal. This article will walk you through the process of submitting an enhancement request.

ParitoshT

Community Moderator 

dveldhouse
Apprentice

Our previous SIS the system would automatically assign family IDs and then make suggestions for family links based on parent fullname. I would love PS to assign family ID's and have a suggested match feature. I'm currently having to go through alphabetically to manually search for sibling groups and then matching them with your Family feature. 

CindyOp
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @dveldhouse and @ameosorio 

Thank you for reaching out to the PowerSchool Community and sharing your your ideas!

I see that you have PowerSchool SIS and Application enhancement requests.

I recommend you submit the product enhancements into our Ideas Portal for the product teams to review. This article will explain how to navigate the ideas portal.

Please search to find if the idea is already submitted and vote on it. If it is not yet submitted then submit your enhancement request and share the number with others for them to vote. More votes are considered by the product team.

Did your issue get resolved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on helpful posts to thank the author and help others find the solution.

Cindy
PowerSchool Community Support
eosorio
Hobbyist

Would it be possible to add an option to email those who have started but not completed a job application? This would be a nice feature and helpful.

eosorio
Hobbyist

A way to see who (within my district) has viewed applications submitted.

kkillen
Trainee

When SchoolSpring updated to the new platform, the job description box now puts all the information into a narrative paragraph format.  The details of a job description cannot be separated as was the format before the change.  This needs correction as the job description looks overwhelming and not professional as before.Screenshot 2023-07-07 110950.png

Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @kkillen,

I see that you had reached out to support with the same feedback and received a response from our agent. Please let us know if you would like to get any further assistance from us. 

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Member
Not applicable

PowerSchool Community
Hi OHparent,

kkillen (New Member) posted a new reply in Community Feedback and Suggestions on 07-07-2023 08:10 AM :

Re: PowerSchool Community Feedback and Suggestions
When SchoolSpring updated to the new platform, the job description box now puts all the information into a narrative paragraph format. The details of a job description cannot be separated as was the format before the change. This needs correction as the job description looks overwhelming and not professional as before. Screenshot 2023-07-07 110950.png

This email is an automated notification, which is unable to receive replies. We're happy to help you with any questions or concerns you may have. Please connect with us through the PowerSchool Community. If your question is not answered in our Welcome & FAQs, please post your question to the Feedback and Suggestions Forum or send a private message to the Community Manager using the envelope icon in the upper right-hand corner when logged into the Community. For help with your PowerSchool Community password, please visit the Password Request Page.

PowerSchool Community sent this message to Pattym29@yahoo.com.

You are receiving this email because a new message matches your subscription to a topic. To control which emails we send you please go to, manage your subscription & notification settings or unsubscribe.
Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @Community Member,

Were you trying to convey something that requires our assistance? I see that you had requested to remove your community account here and we have already reached out to you through a case. 

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
hamiltona
Trainee

Schoology Feature Request:

I would like to be able to change my default assignment time from 11:59 pm to 8:00 am when school starts.  Could you please add a feature where teachers can change their default times for assignments due Without doing it for EVERY assignment.

Thanks!

nelson348
Trainee

A very small suggestion: when I click on a cell to input a grade, can it highlight or outline the entire row? As I enter more grades, it gets harder to make sure I've got the correct student selected. The alternating background colors help but a highlight would make it foolproof. Thansk.

schwiebs
Trainee

Hey! Suggestion/request for grading in Schoology.

Many other LMSs that I've used have had keyboard shortcuts when grading assignments and in the grade book. When I have a lot of assignments that need flags, it can be time consuming to click on the flag each time. It would be really useful if I could just enter "M" for missing, "L" for late, and "X" for exempt, for example, to save clicks when flagging assignments.

Also, it would be amazing to have keyboard shortcuts for moving between assignment submissions while grading. Having to manually click on the arrow to cycle between posts ends up adding a lot of time to the process!

Really minor things, but so useful in the long term!

aaron_f
Padawan

Good morning!

Registration Details page on new PowerSchool Interface: when you click submit after making a change, it pops you out of the student page and back to the main page. So, you have to then click back to the student and then click back to the registration page. Is it possible to make it so that we stay on that page after we make submissions, then we can select the next page in the menu from there instead of having to start from the beginning again? There are other pages that do this as well. 

Thanks so much! 😊