PowerSchool Community Feedback and Suggestions

PS_AM1
Veteran

Re: PowerSchool Community Feedback and Suggestions

Hi @DavidElm4884,

Thank you for reaching out for assistance through the Community!  Would provide which product you are referring to in your question so I can further assist, please?

Angelam7
PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
taylork
Journeyman

I teach in a community with a wide variety of family structures.  I have a suggestion for a few demographic fields for the PowerSchool teacher interface that would be incredibly useful to me.

1) (not a suggestion: a thank you) I love that it's currently parent 1 and parent 2 instead of mother/father.  That's inclusive for my families that have two moms or dads.

2) instead of "parent," I'd love to have one field listed as guardian 1 or 2, and then next to that have a relationship field.  That way, if the primary guardian is an aunt/uncle, grandparent, foster parent, etc. then I can see that easily.

3) I'd also love to have pronoun and preferred form of address fields for guardians and students.  This would be great for our nonbinary folks and also helps me as a teacher who has to make phone calls home. I like to be respectful, especially on first contact with parents, so I don't like to use first names.  I find it helps to know if someone likes Mrs./Ms. or should be addressed as Dr. etc.  It will also help when I come across a name that's not tied to one gender (like Pat) or that is new to me and I'm not sure if it's masculine or feminine.

4) I'd also like to be able to see right there on demographics whether both adults should be contacted or not.  I've got students whose parents are in close communication, but I also have students whose parents are in the midst of acrimonious divorces and don't speak to one another at all.  It would be great to be able to check a box that says "contact both separately" so I know to do that from day 1.

5) I'd love to have a way to highlight which parent is the preferred first point of contact during school hours.  When both parents work, it's really helpful to know who is more likely to have time to take a phone call.

6) It would also be super helpful to have a field that's only viewable by school personnel that allows guidance to make notes.  Family dynamics sometimes get messy (deaths, restraining orders, etc.), and the last thing people think about at those times is updating PowerSchool.  It would be great if guidance could flag those cases so that teachers who aren't in daily contact with the student (for example, an Honor Society advisor sending an invitation to a student they don't teach) could be aware.  

thank you!

jamiem7
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for posting your suggestion in the Community as well as your likes of the system!

I have submitted feature requests to the PowerSchool Product team on your behalf for all features listed above. We thank you for your suggestions to improve PowerSchool SIS for all users.

Jamie H.
Lead Community Moderator

Explore becoming a PowerSchool Mentor today!
GrettaARNP
Recruit

I would like to ask a specific question about the application process. I have tried to submit my application and it continues to say incomplete although I have done everything I can possibly think of to correct the issue. There is no where to ask this simple question. It would help to have a specific spot for individual questions. 

JulieM32
Trainee

A few things:

The phone support hold music is the most unsettling music I have ever heard. 

It's great that PowerSchool has made this huge multi-tool company, but getting to where or who I want to speak with is incredibly convoluted and circuitous. 

The PowerSchool Community is okay, but its focus just isn't on the products I need and care about. It's like everything else. 

I miss the old TalentEd Support -- Much easier to reach people. It felt more personal. 

jamiem7
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for sharing your feedback!

I will follow up with you through private message to gather more information.

Jamie H.
Lead Community Moderator

CindyM8
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Anywhere in PowerSchool that has a course text box should be a dynamic menu that shows all courses (along with course name and number) and should be smart so that if you type a letter or number matching course names or numbers pop up. For instance, this already exists on the remote enrollment screen under student > functions > Enroll Student in Remote/Summer School Class

CM

jamiem7
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for posting your suggestion in the Community!

I have submitted a feature request to the PowerSchool Product team on your behalf to enable a dynamic menu. We thank you for your suggestions to improve PowerSchool for all users.

Jamie H.
Lead Community Moderator

BarbaraD2
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

I would like to see a date and time stamp in all the forums, like you see in PowerSource.  For each topic and reply, it would be nice to see exactly when it was posted and when someone replied.  Currently, if you click into a topic, the first posting has no date and time and the replies will have a day and/or date (if older than a month), such as "yesterday" or "a week ago".  To me, not having a date and time stamp on the first post gives me no indication of it's age, and having "4 weeks ago" on a reply is not helpful either.  I would prefer to see the exact date and time on all posts so I have a better understanding of the timeframe of the topic.  

Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.
jamiem7
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for posting your suggestion in the Community!

We are currently reviewing your suggestion to change the time stamp on responses as well as provide a time stamp on the thread topic.  We thank you for your suggestions to improve the PowerSchool Community for all users.

Jamie H.
Lead Community Moderator