PowerSchool Community Feedback and Suggestions

Community Moderator jamiem7
Community Moderator

Re: PowerSchool Community Feedback and Suggestions

Thank you for providing suggestions in the PowerSchool Community!  @steinb @chales 

I have submitted feature requests to the Product Teams to add the ability to manipulate custom reports in Unified Talent as well as having the 'set all' option in PowerSchool SIS to have the comment set in all classes for a student.

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

I was directed to place my feedback here regarding an issue I have with The Teacher match EPI Assessment. 

I had a user complete the full assessment and get timed out of completing the assessment for support staff during the portion that collects demographic information.  I don't think that that portion of data gathering should be timed.  This person now does not have a completed assessment on file because of demographic information at the end of an assessment.  

Can something be done about this? 

PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Powerschool Talented Records Login Password Reset loop

Talented Records and Recruit and Hire, both have a history of locking new hires and people trying to reset a password in a loop.  They change the password and see a message that it was successfully changed but then it takes them back to the password reset page without letting them login.  

The only way to fix this is to have them reset the cache or use a different browser.  This makes the introduction to new users of this system very frustrating.  I wish there could be something done on the power school side that could take this problem away.  I support this system for my district and constantly have to help people who at least were smart enough to attempt to click the forgot password button when they don't know how to get in. 

Can Power School Do anything about the login cache issue? 

Community Moderator

Re: Powerschool Talented Records Login Password Reset loop

Thank you for posting your suggestion in the Community! @seantha1da 

The EPI assessment should not have a demographics section within the assessment.  It should direct staff directly to the assessment questions.  

Staff can reach out to the school to request special accommodations is enabled allowing for an extended time period.

I have relayed the information you shared regarding the caching issue to the Unified Talent Support Team to review to see if we are able to improve the caching issue when resetting the password.

Jamie H.
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
AnthonyZ1
Padawan

Enhacnemnet Request:

Let us preview audio files from the UC score sheet. I have a tech teacher that uses has students upload audio files for assignments and before he grades he has to download the audio files in order to hear them.

It would be much easier if he could preview rather than download. This works with a few video files / multi-media files but apparently not a simple audio file (.WAV, .mp3, etc).

FYI, I found another post regarding this, this is a wanted feature, it is used in Foreign language classes for other schools as the post says. This is an important feature, think about including it.

preview only.JPG

@jbidk 

AnthonyZ1
Padawan

Sorry, I completely forgot to include the post that is also discussing the lack of the preview audio feature: help.powerschool.com/t5/Unified-Classroom-Forum-for/Listening-View-Audio-and-PDF-Files-in-Student-Su...

@jbidk 

@

Community Moderator

Thank you for posting your suggestion in the PowerSchool Community!

I have submitted your feature request to have the ability to review audio files instead of only download the audio files to the Unified Classroom Product Team.  Thank you for providing suggestions to help us improve Unified Classroom for teachers!

Jamie H.
CindyR14
Rookie

Hello, it was recommended to me by someone in "Chat Support" that I post my question/suggestion here on this board.  I would love a way to set a new default in the reports section of Records.  We have several Checklists, several dates, and several ways we view the report depending upon what we are looking for.  As it stands now every time we access the report we have to click on at least 4 places to set up the report to reflect our desired outcome.  I would be handy to be able to set a new defaut.  

Thank you. 

Community Support Expert SowmyaN
Community Support Expert

Hey @CindyR14, Thank you for posting your feedback in PowerSchool Community.

On behalf of you, we have submitted your feedback to the Unified Talent Team.

We look forward to hearing from you in our Community!

Sowmya Karmel
nmiller21
Recruit

In order to accurately assess our students using success criteria for standards.  Would you look into creating an option where criteria for rubrics is directly linked to a standard rather than an assignment?  With standards-based-grading there may be multiple components a student must show proficiency within each one.  When you combine all of the scores from the criteria you can then give an overall score for the standard.  Currently, the only way I can use a rubric is to connect it to an assignment, but that assignment is then not connected to a standard.  If I select a standard to add to the grading criteria the program wants to add it as an independent component of the rubric.  We need a standard to become the title of the rubric and all of the category scores create an overall score for the standard.