PowerSchool Community Feedback and Suggestions

jbidk
Community Manager
Community Manager

PowerSchool Community Feedback and Suggestions

Do you have feedback on how our new PowerSchool Community looks and functions?

Do you have suggestions for how we can make our Community even better?

Please post your feedback and suggestions here. We'll review all posts and share updates. 

We look forward to hearing from you!

JbidK
Director, Support Community
160 Replies
MuskanS
Prodigy

Hi @ccaron,

Thank you for your suggestions and feedback on the PowerSchool Community.

I understand you want to navigate from one box to the other using the keyboard arrows to make navigating a page more efficient. If the tab and the keyboard arrows were working in Google Chrome to navigate to the next box, then it may be a setting within Safari that can be enabled. To enable the tab feature in the Safari, select “Preferences” from the Safari menu drop-down and click on the “Advanced” icon and check the box next to “Press tab to highlight each item on a webpage”.

PowerTeacher Pro should work with all major browsers, if you experience any issue using PowerTeacher Pro with Google Chrome, then it may be related to a Chrome extension that is installed. Would you please try using PowerTeacher Pro in incognito mode to check if PowerTeacher Pro functions properly? If extensions are enabled in incognito mode, then you can disable the extensions manually by following the steps listed below to check if PowerTeacher Pro functions properly.

1. Open Google Chrome.

2. To the right of the address bar, look for the icon of the extension you want to turn on or off allow in incognito. Right-click or press and hold on the icon, and click/tap on Manage extensions as shown in the screenshot below.

Chrome1.PNG

3. Turn off Allow in incognito as shown in the screenshot below.

Chrome2.PNG

If PowerTeacher Pro functions properly in the incognito mode, we recommend disabling extensions in Google Chrome while accessing PowerTeacher Pro.  If you still face difficulties, would you please provide us the details of the issues that you are experiencing with PowerTeacher Pro while using the Chrome browser?

If you have any queries, feel free to reach us!

Muskan Sehar

PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Moderator
BarbaraD2
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

In PowerSource in the Forums and in the Enhancement requests, next to each topic, you can see the number of views a post has received.  I would like to see that added to the Community. 

I think it would be helpful when you post something and you want to know if anyone has looked at your post.  Sometimes, when no one replies to your post, you wonder if anyone saw it and by seeing the number of views I would at least know someone read it.

Thank you.

Barbara Dell'Armo
PowerSchool Mentor of the Year 2022 Winner

PowerSchool Beta Tester of the Year 2021 Winner
PowerSchool Beta Tester of the Year 2023 Winner

PowerSchool Mentor/Champion

Mentors_badgeChampions_badge2023 Beta Tester.png
Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.

ElstonS
Senior

Hi @BarbaraD2,

We are always happy to hear feedback and are excited to hear ideas to improve the Community Forum. While there is not currently a feature in place for users to see the number of views on a post, we are happy to share your feedback to review whether the feature can be built into the community.

Elston S.
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

mlafevre
Rookie

I have a suggestion for Performance Matters/Assessment&Anaytlics. I want to be able to add a column in the BB card report that can perform calculations for the columns displayed. For example, if I had 17/18 and 18/19 Math PARCC Scores showing, I could add a calculation column to see the averages of those 2 scores, or the % change between those two columns. For now, I can download the report and use Excel to get the calculations, but if it was automated right in PM, that would be a bonus. Thank you for your consideration. 

ElstonS
Senior

Hi @mlafevre

We value and appreciate your suggestion. Thank you for bringing this to our notice. I have submitted a feature request on your behalf with the PowerSchool Performance Matters product team. The product team will review the feature to automate adding a column in BB card report that can perform the calculations for the columns displayed within Performance Matters. 

Elston S.
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

PaulaR
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Good Morning,

Not sure if it is just me or not but the Community does not work well in the Chrome browser.  I have cleared cache but still the page does not seem to load the css properly.  Works in Firefox.  Attached is what it looks like for me in Chrome Version 80.0.3987.132 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Thought you should know,

Paula

Paula from Maine

ElstonS
Senior

Hi @PaulaR

To further assist you with this, could you please confirm the load time of the Community page on Google Chrome? Did the page take a while to load? 

Additionally, I would also recommend force refreshing the cache on your browser by clicking the following buttons based on the operating system you are using and then restarting your computer: 

Windows: Ctrl + F5
Mac/Apple: Apple + R or command + R
Linux: F5

Elston S.

nmschroederpa
Recruit

Since I enter both attendance and grades into PowerSchool, it would helpful if absences were automatically indicated in the gradebook for assignments with due dates that a student was absent on, rather than having to indicate absences manually. 

SowmyaN
Expert

Hi @nmschroederpa!

We are excited to hear your idea of improving our products. We have submitted a feature request to the product team to include the feature to automatically indicate the student's absence for the assignments in the gradebook with due dates.

We appreciate and encourage your participation in the PowerSchool Community.

Sowmya Karmel
TheresaB3
Rookie

The chat feature is so helpful! I am very new to PowerSchools and appreciate all the help that the chat support team has given.  

ElstonS
Senior

Hi @TheresaB3

Welcome to the PowerSchool Community! We at PowerSchool constantly prioritize providing the best support to all our customers throughout the year and would like to thank you for your valuable feedback regarding our chat feature. 

Product discussion forums within the Community are a great place to interact and engage with other members of the community to exchange solutions, suggestions, and ideas that help improve customer experience. We look forward to your active participation in our forums. 

We have also introduced a new section within our Community called COVID-19 resources which can be accessed by any PowerSchool Community member to ensure that each member has easy access to any resources or communications that they would require. I recommend checking out the COVID-19 resources by clicking on this direct link. 

Elston S.

kolmicss
Hobbyist

I struggle with finding where to go to ask questions.

Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @kolmicss,

Thank you for your post in PowerSchool Community!

To assist you better with the concern you are having, would you please confirm if you were having difficulty in locating product forums to ask your queries?  If yes, we encourage you to check out our product forums and the attached link should help you get an overview of how to locate product forums and knowledgebase articles within the Community:

Video: Where to Locate Product Forums and Knowledge Base Articles 

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

Greyson1220
Padawan

We need a way for schools to create limited access accounts for teachers assistants. I work in self contained classrooms in junior high. Tracking work completion is my most important task. As it stands now, my lead teacher has to keep me constantly updated on the constantly evolving missing work situation because I don't have the credentials to be into the system as a teacher (because i would be able to change grades and such). Especially with schools utilizing schoology over Google classroom, this is a major issue. I would like to have an account where I can view my students' assignments without the ability to change them. Is there a legal reason this hasn't been accomplished yet? It seems long overdue.
BishalG
Ninja

Hi, @Greyson1220,

Thank you for sharing your feature suggestion, we appreciate your enthusiasm.

To make sure we share your feedback with the correct team will you please confirm if you are using Schoology, Unified Classroom, or PowerSchool Learning?

Bishal G.
Say Thanks by clicking the thumbs up icon in a post!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Greyson1220
Padawan

Thanks for your response. We use unified classroom, and we are just beginning to use schoology.
Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @Greyson1220,

Thank you for confirming the product with us. 

We will make sure in passing this feedback to the Unified Classroom team.  We thank you for your suggestions to improve the experience with PowerSchool products for all users!

Reshma

MaryEllenR
Practitioner

It would be quick and convenient if there was a link in the cases that drove the user to the Case Portal. Specifically ticket auto reminders for cases that have been waiting 7 or 14 days.  When receiving these emails, the case number does very little to jog the memory.

thanks for your consideration.

MuskanS
Prodigy

Hi! @MaryEllenR 

We value and appreciate your suggestion.  We are excited to hear ideas to improve the resources.  While there is not currently a feature of ticket auto-reminders for cases, we are happy to share your feedback to review whether the feature can be built.

Muskan Sehar

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Moderator
korizloera
Journeyman

Good morning everyone,
Do to the covid. Crisis, the schools Should do groups.
Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @korizloera,

Thank you for reaching out to PowerSchool Community!

To assist you further, would you please provide more details on your suggestion?  

Reshma