PowerSchool Community Feedback and Suggestions

jbidk
Community Manager
Community Manager

PowerSchool Community Feedback and Suggestions

Do you have feedback on how our new PowerSchool Community looks and functions?

Do you have suggestions for how we can make our Community even better?

Please post your feedback and suggestions here. We'll review all posts and share updates. 

We look forward to hearing from you!

JbidK
Director, Support Community
160 Replies
GrettaARNP
Recruit

I would like to ask a specific question about the application process. I have tried to submit my application and it continues to say incomplete although I have done everything I can possibly think of to correct the issue. There is no where to ask this simple question. It would help to have a specific spot for individual questions. 

JulieM32
Rookie

A few things:

The phone support hold music is the most unsettling music I have ever heard. 

It's great that PowerSchool has made this huge multi-tool company, but getting to where or who I want to speak with is incredibly convoluted and circuitous. 

The PowerSchool Community is okay, but its focus just isn't on the products I need and care about. It's like everything else. 

I miss the old TalentEd Support -- Much easier to reach people. It felt more personal. 

jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

Thank you for sharing your feedback!

I will follow up with you through private message to gather more information.

CindyM8
Expert

Anywhere in PowerSchool that has a course text box should be a dynamic menu that shows all courses (along with course name and number) and should be smart so that if you type a letter or number matching course names or numbers pop up. For instance, this already exists on the remote enrollment screen under student > functions > Enroll Student in Remote/Summer School Class

CM

jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

Thank you for posting your suggestion in the Community!

I have submitted a feature request to the PowerSchool Product team on your behalf to enable a dynamic menu. We thank you for your suggestions to improve PowerSchool for all users.

BarbaraD2
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

I would like to see a date and time stamp in all the forums, like you see in PowerSource.  For each topic and reply, it would be nice to see exactly when it was posted and when someone replied.  Currently, if you click into a topic, the first posting has no date and time and the replies will have a day and/or date (if older than a month), such as "yesterday" or "a week ago".  To me, not having a date and time stamp on the first post gives me no indication of it's age, and having "4 weeks ago" on a reply is not helpful either.  I would prefer to see the exact date and time on all posts so I have a better understanding of the timeframe of the topic.  

Barbara Dell'Armo
PowerSchool Mentor of the Year 2022 Winner

PowerSchool Beta Tester of the Year 2021 Winner
PowerSchool Beta Tester of the Year 2023 Winner

PowerSchool Mentor/Champion

Mentors_badgeChampions_badge2023 Beta Tester.png
Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.

jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

We are currently reviewing your suggestion to change the time stamp on responses as well as provide a time stamp on the thread topic.  We thank you for your suggestions to improve the PowerSchool Community for all users.

jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

The timestamp can be changed for each user within the user's 'My Settings' page.  Please follow the steps below to change the time stamp from relative time such as one week ago to an absolute timestamp with a date and time.

1. Select your avatar at the top right of any page in the Community.
  2. Choose 'My Settings'
  3. Navigate to the Preferences tab
  4. Choose the Display sub-tab
  5. In the 'Display Date As' section, you will want to select 'Absolute Dates'
BarbaraD2
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

@jamiem7 ,  Thank you very much for that display setting information!  That is exactly what I was looking for!

Now, if only the first post in a forum could have the date and time stamp after you click into the forum...

I tried to give you kudos, but I could not.  I even tried a different browser, but still on got a red circle with a slash through it.

Barbara Dell'Armo

Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.

jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

Thank you for your quick response!

We have submitted the feature request to add the absolute time to the thread topic and are currently reviewing the request.  

Thank you for giving my response a Kudo!  The red circle with a slash appears if a user is attempting to share a Kudo with a post the user created.  If a Kudo is shared with another user's post, you should be able to click on the thumbs up again to remove the Kudo.

Would you try to share another Kudo with a response and/or remove the Kudo?

BarbaraD2
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

@jamiem7, I wasn't trying to share the Kudo.  I simply was trying to give you a Kudo.  I am able to give you Kudos using Firefox on my MacBook laptop.  However, using Firefox or Google Chrome on my desktop PC, I am not able to give you Kudos.

I have one other question.  I wanted to accept your response to the date and time stamp as a solution, but don't see the option to do that.  Is that not possible within this thread?

Thank you.

Barbara Dell'Armo

jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

Thank you for your quick response!

A solution can be accepted by the member that created the original thread topic.  With your post being a response to a previously created thread, the ability to accept my response as a solution isn't available.

I have followed up in a private message to review the process of giving Kudos in certain browsers.

ccatarino
Recruit

How in the world!!!!!!!!!! do you get unsubscrubed from, this website!!!!! WHere do you call to get this done! 

jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

Thank you for participating in the PowerSchool Community!

You can unsubscribe from notifications in the Community using one of three methods.

• You can select to be unsubscribed in the email notification within your email inbox.unsubscribe.PNG

• You can edit your subscriptions and notifications by selecting your avatar in the top right of the screen and choosing 'My Settings' then choosing Subscriptions and Notifications.
    • This option should allow you to choose the pages in which you are subscribed, if you would like to receive immediate, daily, or weekly notifications, and disabling types of notifications.Notification Settings.PNG
    • You can unsubscribe to a page in the Community by navigating to that page, choosing the Options drop-down menu, and selecting Unsubscribe.
emulder
Hobbyist

I would like to be able to rearrange the order of the tasks On "REPORTS" - "CHECKLIST COMPLETION" page.

emulder
Hobbyist

TalentEd Records

emulder
Hobbyist

In "MY TASKS" - "ALL TASKS" I would like the filter to be able to remain in effect after I go into an item and go back out. I type "Background" in the search box - I get a list of them, I go into one of them, I close that item and it goes back to my full list of everything. (I equate it to searching for "Pachers shirt" on Amazon - I get a list, I click on one, I can easily go back to the list of items without having to type in a search again.)

jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

Thank you for providing a suggestion in the PowerSchool Community!

Would you please provide the name of the PowerSchool Product in which you would like to submit this suggestion?

emulder
Hobbyist

TalentEd Records

jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

I have submitted a feature request to the PowerSchool Product team on your behalf to enable a feature that will allow users to rearrange the order of tasks.  We thank you for your suggestions to improve Unified Talent TalentEd) for all users.

emulder
Hobbyist

TalentEd Records