PowerSchool Community Feedback and Suggestions

Highlighted
Rookie

Re: PowerSchool Community Feedback and Suggestions

Please consider changing the State Specific Updates and Emerging issues, so that I can select my state. It is nice to receive information, but information about other states is not helpful.

Thank you,

Michael 

Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

This is a great idea!

The Community has a feature to subscribe to specific state notifications.  I have added the steps below.

When selecting the Product Updates, Notifications, and State-Specific Digest boards, a user can subscribe to the entire board for all product updates or select a specific state and receive a notification for a post with a particular state label.

To subscribe to one state instead of the entire post, I recommend selecting the board you would like to receive notifications then choosing the state label in the right of the screen. At the top of the page that is filtered for a specific state label, you can choose to subscribe to any post that as the state label attached. I have provided a screenshot with the California label circled in the right side of the screen as well as the link to subscribe.

Below are the links to Product Updates, Notification, and State-Specific Digest boards.

State-Specific Digest

PowerSchool SIS State Emerging Issues

PowerSchool SIS Release NotificationsState_Specific Labels.PNG

Please note, that you will want to unsubscribe from the boards that are not filtered by the state label so you do not receive notifications for all states as well as the state label subscription.  To unsubscribe, you will want to navigate to the Product Update pages.  Instead of selecting a state label, please choose the menu option in the top right of the board and choose to unsubscribe.  

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
Highlighted
Rookie

Unfortunately, this is not helpful, since Ohio is not listed. Unless I am missing something.

Michael <><

Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

You are correct!

Not every state is currently listed within the release notifications and product updates at this time.  We are currently working with the Product team to add all states within the boards.  

Thank you for your patience while we work to add all states in the release notifications and product updates boards.

Jamie H.
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
Highlighted
Padawan

Suggestion:  Can you add the grade level next to the student's name in the attendance page?  Often, students will be pulled out by grade level.  In art class, I often have different grade levels in the same class period.  

Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for posting your suggestion in the Community!

I have submitted a feature request to the PowerSchool Product team on your behalf to enable a feature to add the student's grade level next to the attendance record. We thank you for your suggestions to improve PowerSchool SIS for all users.

Jamie H.
Highlighted
Hobbyist

I would like to suggest that when an applicant clicks on the button to withdraw their application that the system give them a warning asking something like "Are you sure you wish to withdraw your application".

I had an applicant call us a couple of weeks ago stating that she had applied and her dog stepped on her laptop, withdrawing her application from the job she just applied for.  She had to start all over :(

Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for posting your suggestion in the Community!

I have submitted a feature request to the PowerSchool Product team on your behalf to enable a feature that will confirm major steps such as removing an application in the software. We thank you for your suggestions to improve Unified Talent for all users.

Jamie H.
Highlighted
Journeyman

One tricky thing about using PowerSchool assessments is that assignments that aren't done are let blank indefinately, unless a score is put in by hand. 

I wish there was a way to give a time frame (1 week after assigned, 2 weeks, etc) after which the assignment would automatically become a zero if left undone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

There isn't an option to write exam sections with, say, 10 questions, but randomly select only 3 of them, is there?  Because that would be very helpful.