PowerSchool Community Feedback and Suggestions

collinss
Padawan

Re: PowerSchool Community Feedback and Suggestions

It would be most helpful if teachers were able to bulk grade one question on an assessment at a time.  Right now, I have to open each student's assessment individually and migrate through to score one question at a time.  This is not an efficient use of time.  However, grading all of let's say question #4 on a test means that I am far more consistent in scoring than if I were to do every question for each student before moving on the the next student's assessment.  Online platforms like Actively Learn have this as an option and it's wonderful!  They also allow for anonymous grading.  This too would help teachers to remain unbiased while evaluating student work.  Please consider adding these functions to grading an online assessment on Haiku.  Thank you.

Highlighted
Angelam7
Veteran

Hi @collinss,

Thanks for reaching out! I can certainly see how it would be helpful to be able to bulk grade one question at a time on an assessment, along with anonymous grading.  I will flag your suggestion as feedback for our Product Team to review. Whenever they have a feature planning session, they personally review and categorize all cases flagged as Enhancement Requests.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us how we can improve!  If any further information is needed from our Product Team, they will reach out to you.

Best,

Angelam7
PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
MelissaW18
Novice

IDEAS FOR TALENTED PRODUCTS

1) Records: Dashboard

Records for system admin should have a dashboard when you first sign in instead of the task list, or an option to view a dashboard, with all pinned people showing "name, checklist type, checklist % completion, due date, and status (not urgent, neutral, urgent)" and then be able to notify the system admin when someone is approaching due date/due date has expired and paperwork is not complete. Records has terrible organization and the report feature makes you go checklist by checklist to get this data that I should be able to easily capture at once.

2) Hire: Job Status

SO many people are always wanting to know what the status of the job is.....open for applications, interviewing, hired/closed. At this time, you can only update an individual's status. And job postings the only options are open and posted on website or closed and not posted on website. We keep our jobs posted until they are filled, but then we get people applying when interviews are already happening. It is too difficult to change each person's status for all jobs, even if using bulk actions. It would be much easier to be able to have our website show live job statuses that I can change quickly with one click of a button. Or even better, that hiring managers can change at the click of a button.

Ex. "Open for Applications"; "Closed for Applications;" "Interviewing"; and then filled/hired would take it off the website and the hire page with the checkbox to notify and change all other candidates status to "position filled" would work for that final step. 

SueC
Journeyman

I would like to add our two cents...

Please add a "Preferred First Name" field.

Thank you!

Community Support Expert jamiem7
Community Support Expert

Thank you for submitting a request to add a preferred first name to Community member accounts!  I have submitted the suggestion to the PowerSchool Product Team.  Please continue to share feature requests with the PowerSchool Community Team.  We appreciate your suggestion to improve the Community.

Jamie H.
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Support Expert

Thank you for submitted feature requests in PowerSchool Community!  I have submitted a feature request to the PowerSchool Product team on your behalf to create a dashboard for all users when accessing their TalentEd account as well as adding a job status feature.  We thank you for your suggestions to improve TalentEd products.  

Jamie H.
JasonO
Rookie

My feedback is on the Case Portal > Manage Cases

There is no "Resolution" section to see the final resolution of a case. Sometimes cases are closed by Dev, which just happened to me, but Dev never posts a comment to the case, they just fill in the Resolution. So if I go back and look at my case I would just see its closed but with no reason as to why with the last update from support indicating the case was sent to Dev.

Also, it has been mentioned that there will be a separate portal for tracking Enhancements, is there any more information on this?

Community Support Expert

Thank you for submitting a feature improvement for PowerSchool Community!  I have submitted a feature request to the PowerSchool Product team on your behalf to add teh conclusion field to the case view in Case Portal.  

It does appear there are three cases open with Support that have been escalated to the PowerSchool Development Team.  I recommend reaching out to PowerSchool Support to request an update on any case that as been reported to Development.  

We thank you for your suggestions to improve the PowerSchool Community for teachers.

Jamie H.
jfaust
Rookie

I would love to see a couple enhancements to Recruit & Hire:

Right now I can only trigger Staff Email Notices as an "all or nothing".  When we make a new hire, it would be helpful to be able to pick and choose who receives the notice (i.e. Hiring Manager, building secretary...) and these people do not need to know about each and every hire, just the ones in their building.  It would be a great help to our communication process to be able to use filters to select who would receive certain notices.

It would also be helpful to have the ability to default the Begin Hire Form to check/uncheck certain boxes (such as defaulting the "Set job posting to filled" to unchecked).

Thanks!

Community Support Expert

Thank you for reaching out in the Community!  I have submitted a feature request to the PowerSchool Product team on your behalf to enable a feature to enhance notifications within Recruit and Hire allowing specific user roles to be selected for notifications as well as a default the Begin Hire form.  We thank you for your suggestions to improve Unified Talent.  

Jamie H.