Please Introduce Yourself!

Community Moderator waynero
Community Moderator

Re: Please Introduce Yourself!

Hi Brandi0219

Welcome to the PowerSchool Community!

I hope you find your experience within the Community rewarding, engaging,  and informative.

Are you looking for knowledge base articles or support help?

Thank you,

waynero

Community Moderator

kdhfc73378mtffp
Journeyman

Hi, my name is Katlynn Goble. I am a Junior at Scottsburg High School. I hope to pursue something in the nursing field. 

Community Moderator Jaclynp
Community Moderator

Hi Katylnn

Welcome to the PowerSchool Community!

Thanks for posting your introduction.

We hope you will find the knowledge base articles to be helpful, feel free to post any questions you may have.

Jaclynp

PowerSchool Community Moderator

Highlighted
jweisenfeld
Hobbyist

Hi Katlynn,

Thanks for joining.  I'm a teacher at Pasco High School.  Can I ask you a question, since you a student?  If there were a way in PowerSchool for you to see what your final grade might be if you got a different grade on an assignment, do you think that would be useful?

For example let's say you have a B+ in Pre-Calculus and got a C on a quiz or some homework and the teacher might let you do it again.  Would you be interested to see if PowerSchool could tell you what grade you might need to get on that quiz to change your overall grade?

Just wondering.

P.S.  Wishing you the best in your pursuit of nursing.  Such an important vocation!

http://www.linkedin.com/in/weisenfeldj
KarenK
Journeyman

Hi!  I am a secretary at Ripley County R-IV School.   We are located near the state line in the southeastern Missouri.  I have been with the school for almost 30 years.  I use the SIS part of PowerSchool.  

MichaelW6
Trainee

Hello everyone! Happy to be here Smiley Happy

I am the current SIS Admin at a privet High School in Columbus, Ohio. I am a one man Army in my building, and the only one who uses the Admin side of PowerSchool at my school of 900 students. 

The new website looks great and I see much potential in it for the community. 

PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Hello all!

My name is Michele Turner and I am the Data Integration Manager for Noblesville Schools. I've worked for the district for 11 years and PowerSchool SIS is my primary responsibility. I also help ensure other systems that require student information are properly integrated with PowerSchool for rostering, etc. We have been a PowerSchool district since 2001 and have been using PowerSchool Registration (formerly known as InfoSnap) since 2014.

I enjoy working with customizations in PowerSchool and am always looking for ways to streamline our processes to make everyone's jobs a little easier each year.

I am excited to see the new site and the continued growth of the PowerSchool product!

PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

Good afternoon @MicheleT1!

Welcome to the PowerSchool Community! We are excited to have you as a seasoned PowerSchool user. Having expertise in both SIS and Registration, we would love to hear your feedback on how you have used both successfully in your school district. Please feel free to share your thoughts and best practices as desired and please reach out to the Community for any questions you may have!

Best,

JoshK

PowerSchool Community Admin

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
TimJ2
Hobbyist

I am currently the PowerSchool administrator and state reporting person for the Rhea County Department of Education in East Tennessee.  We have been using PowerSchool since 2009 having moved from SASIxp.  My background is in technology rather than education.  I started as a field engineer for a research company before moving to technology in education and then to SIS administration.

I have to say that PowerSchool is the best SIS package that we have used.  I really like the way that PowerSchool can be customized and that we have access to the entire database.  What we can now do with PowerSchool is limited only by our imagination and ability to write the necessary code.

At work I spend quite a bit of time looking at data, using Excel and answering questions from our schools.  However, at times I do get to write a bit of SQL and some custom pages.  Those coding puzzles are where I can lose track of time and not notice that it got dark outside.

PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

Good afternoon @TimJ2!

That is wonderful to hear you have had such a great experience with PowerSchool! We encourage you to share your best practices and interact with others SIS users in the forum. Our team of moderators is also here to assist you in any way we can!

Best,

JoshK

PowerSchool Community Admin

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!