Please Introduce Yourself!

754 Replies
pattersonj
Apprentice

Hello,

I am Jill and work in the Guidance office of South Newton High School, Kentland Indiana.  We are just getting introduced to PS and switching over from another SIS.  Although our beginning is sure to be less than smooth with CoVID-19 situation slammed right into our training, I am excited to learn about PS and get it up and running for our school.

Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @pattersonj,

We are extremely happy to see you here in PowerSchool Community!

This is a great platform to connect with other Powerschool community members to ask product-related queries on forums and find knowledgebase articles, etc.  You can navigate through the Community to learn more about our products by clicking here.

With growing concerns around COVID-19, we’re providing resources and solutions that help you with your learning.  The COVID-19 resources section on Community houses resources on various products.  We recommend having a look at these by clicking the link given below:

COVID-19 Resources

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
Kaalej
Journeyman

Hi. My name is John. I teach 7th grade social studies at Indianola Middle School. This is my 30th year in education. 

ElstonS
Senior

Hey @Kaalej

We welcome you to the PowerSchool Community and thank you for being an inspiration to many and for your long and outstanding contribution to the field of education. 

The PowerSchool Community is a great place to find product-related resources like knowledgebase articles, announcements, forums, etc. I have attached an article here that should guide you with getting started in the Community. 

We also have a COVID-19 resources page that can be accessed by all Community members to ensure everyone has easy access to important resources. 

We encourage you to actively participate and engage in our product forums. Our Community members can benefit a lot from your expertise and experience.

Elston S.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

dbakrins
Recruit

My name is David Bakrins.  I am a school psychologist in Harvard Community Unit School District 50 in Harvard, IL.  This is the 2nd year that our district has been using Power School for Special Education.  Starting next school year, we will also be using Power School as our School Information System.

SowmyaN
Expert

Welcome, @dbakrins!

Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself to members of the Community!

Community is a great place to explore, ask questions, and interact with the members of the Community. We encourage you to ask questions in the discussion forums and to help other members in Community.

Sowmya Karmel
bdosher
Hobbyist

Hi,

My name is Becky Dosher.  I am the school secretary of St. Joseph School in Evansville, IN.  This is our first year for using the Power School SIS.  We are associated with the Catholic Diocese of Evansville.

F-2
Journeyman

Good Day

I am a Senior School Edcuator at South Peninsula High School in the Southern tip of Africa, Cape Town.

I teach Accounting, Business Studies (Gr.10-12) and Economics & Business Studies to Gr.9's.

I am currently studying the Intergration of Technology in Education, and i have been advised to join this platform.  

I have been teaching for just over 20 years and I still find teaching to be  a very satisfying and humbling profession which i absolutely still enjoy.Smiley HappySmiley Happy

I look forward to experimenting with this platform and discovering what its all about.

In these trying times - I trust you all safely indoors and taking care.

Kind Regards

F-2

bdosher
Hobbyist

Hi Everyone!

My name is Becky Dosher and I am the school secretary of St. Joseph School in Evansville, IN.  We are associated with the Catholic Diocese of Evansville.  We are a private school and this is our first year to be working with the Power School SIS.  

I look forward to learning this System and meeting some new people. 

Hope everyone is staying safe during this trying time.

Becky

ElstonS
Senior

Hey @bdosher

Welcome aboard the PowerSchool Community! We are happy to have you here and are delighted to work with your school district. 

PowerSchool Community is a great place that provides access to product pages, forums, and announcements. We encourage you to engage within the product forums for any assistance that you would require in the coming days or help others within their community with your product expertise. 

I recommend reviewing the resources provided below by clicking on these direct links that should assist you with getting started in the Community: 

How to get started in our Community 

How to Post and Respond to Forums 

Where to Locate Product Forums and Knowledge Base Articles.  

Elston S.

F-2
Journeyman

Good Day

Thank you so much for the warm welcome Becky.  I look forward to sharing , reading and learning so much from this forum.

Stay safe

F-2

AbrittyB
Senior

Welcome to Community! @F-2

We agree teaching is definitely one of the noble professions. There is a saying 'a teacher is like a candle, they consume themselves to light the path for others'. We are delighted to have you here with us.

PowerSchool Community offers a diverse range of resources such as individual product forums, knowledge-base articles, product updates and many more. 

Considering the current situation where schools are physically closed, we have a new section of COVID-19 Distance Learning Resources. We encourage you to explore Community and look forward to your active participation.

AbrittyB
Please give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If the answer helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

klingm
Journeyman

Hello, 

My name is Mary and I am an elementary teacher in Iowa.  I use some technology in the classroom and I am a little nervous about the new norm.  We are currently using PowerSchool, Unified Classroom, and Unified Talent.  PowerSchool is very easy to navigate with the little of it that we currently use.  I am sure I will have several questions as we move forward in this together.  

MuskanS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Welcome to the PowerSchool Community! @klingm,

We are excited to have you onboard the Community.  We are glad to know that you are having a positive experience using PowerSchool products.  You can click on Start a Discussion to ask questions regarding the products in the respective forums.  Our Community thrives on interaction and participation from its members.  With growing concerns around COVID-19, we’re providing COVID-19 resources and solutions that help you with your learning.  

The more you participate, the more you'll see your achievement and recognition grow in the Community.  You'll see this participation acknowledged in the form of Badges and Ranks, as well as being recognized as a knowledgeable leader in our Community. 

Muskan Sehar

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Moderator
jwhitehurst
Recruit

My name is Jane Whitehurst.  I am the Testing Coordinator for Apex High School in Apex, NC part of Wake County Public School Systems.  I'm interested in learning the reports and queries language of PowerSchool.

Thanks,

Jane

BishalG
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @jwhitehurst,

Welcome to the PowerSchool Community!

A good place to get started is our Product-specific forums and knowledge bases available under Product Support.  We also recommend referring to the Getting Started guides available to help you seamlessly cruise through our community.

We look forward to seeing you engage in discussions with our awesome community members.

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Say Thanks by clicking the thumbs up icon in a post!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
bgrieder
Padawan

Hello!  My name is Brande - thank you for welcoming me to this community!  I'm sure this community will be very helpful for me in the future.  

AbrittyB
Senior

Hey @bgrieder!

Thank you for being a part of PowerSchool Community. This is an exciting public forum providing various resources on PowerSchool products. The following links should assist you in getting started with exploring the Community.   

How to get started in our Community 

Where to Locate Product Forums and Knowledge Base Articles.  

How to Post and Respond to Forums 

We look forward to your active participation in Community.

AbrittyB
Please give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If the answer helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

LLappe
Journeyman

Hi, I am a school secretary in Evansville, IN. Our school is getting ready to implement PowerSchool. I’m going to use this extra time off to familiarize myself with the program. It’s all new to me so I’m hoping for the best!
Lorri
SowmyaN
Expert

Welcome @LLappe,

We're happy you're here and so glad to see that your school will be implementing PowerSchool. We encourage you to participate in discussion forums and ask questions. 

Sowmya Karmel
aezenwa
Recruit

Hello,

I am a school nurse in a parochial school in northern virginia. Used PowerSchool at the begining of the school year to retrieve demographic information for our parents. We use SNAP for all our medical documentation. It is my hope that eventually PowerSchool and SNAP will be set up to talk together

Thank you,

Anne