MrLibrary
Hobbyist

Re: Please Introduce Yourself!

Thanks so much for the info!

cawtry
Journeyman

Hi,

I am Cathy Awtry and I am a Tech Coach and teacher.  I am the trainer in my school for Learning.  We are going implement Unified next school year.  I am looking for a place to get my questions that come up.

Highlighted
Community Moderator Jaclynp
Community Moderator

Hi Cathy

Welcome to the PowerSchool Community, we are excited for you to be here.

Implementing Unified, that's exciting news! 

This will be a great place to connect with other users on questions you may have.

Thanks for participating.

Jaclynp

PowerSchool Community Moderator

AndrewJP
Journeyman

I am currently Assistant Director of Technology Services for Indian Prairie School District 204 (~28,000 students) in Aurora, IL.  Before joining the District tech departmen, I was a middle school (6-8) teacher of gifted students for math and science. 

IPSD 204 has been using the eSchool (SIS, TAC, HAC & IEP+) since 2012. We are transitioning away from IEP+. As for HAC, TAC & eSchool SIS, we cannot imagine using anything else at this point this system is so imbedded into our everyday functioning.

Community Moderator Jaclynp
Community Moderator

Hello @AndrewJP

Welcome to the PowerSchool Community!

I am excited to hear you happy with the products and are finding them useful.

We hope this will be a great place for you to connect with other like minded users.

If you have any questions please feel free to post.

Have a great day

Jaclynp

PowerSchool Community Moderator

pcarolan
Journeyman

Hello – I am Phil Carolan, Director of Technology for the Lenawee/Monroe Technology Consortium which serves the 2 counties of Lenawee and Monroe here in southeast Michigan. The Consortium consists of 22 school districts with approximately 106 buildings and around 40,000 students. We offer both eSchool and eFinance to our districts as well as Internet and a number of related technology services. I am also currently a Director at Large for our SunGard National Users Group.

PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

Welcome to the Community Phil!

Thank you for introducing yourself and for the impressive details on your school districts! I am originally from Northern Michigan (Traverse City) so can vouge it is a great state.

I hope you will find the articles and forums useful and enjoy the community!

JulieM

PowerSchool Community Moderator

mscisafunteacher
Journeyman

INTRO.pngHello everyone!~

My ultimate mission as a teacher is to develop an all-inclusive, unified, classroom environment where my students feel safe to learn. My students are fourth and fifth-grade students from Richmond, California. Their demographics being mostly Hispanic, African-American and Asian students from Title One schools in an urban community. My goal is to keep meaningful student relationships while building teamwork and leadership skills in a creative setting. My belief is a positive classroom culture promotes student engagement and my teaching methods include the use of many forms of art integration: visual arts, drama, music, writing, project-based learning, technology, and cooperative learning in the classroom. A framework I model lessons after is the Studio Habits of mind. Studio habits place the student in control to manage their goals, learning, risks, innovation, thinking, creativity, and problem-solving. My role as the teacher is to model these, "habits" or skills to the student and create meaningful learning experiences in the classroom where the students can make connections to self, class, community, world... I don't see myself as, "the instructor of all learning" but more a coach and facilitator of all things knowledge related. My teaching mantra is students must be involved in the learning process to learn best and that we all learn from each other, and we need each other's feedback to reach different levels understanding and make connections across the subjects.  

Community Moderator MichelleB
Community Moderator

Hi @mscisafunteacher

Welcome to the Community and thank you for sharing your great mission statement and teaching philisophy.  We hope that you find the tools useful here as you build your inclusive, unified learning environment. 

Michelle B
PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
ABAlfano87
Practitioner

Hi All!

My name is Andrew Alfano and I teach IB Chemistry HL at the American School of The Hague in The Netherlands.  I am a full time classroom teacher, but I served as the administrator for our LMS when I was at the International School of Panama.  I am now a leader in a pilot group working to implement PSLearning here at the American School.

I love looking at workflow on both the teacher and student side and thinking about how design and interface support the learning outcomes I'm trying to support.  I'm excited to be a part of this community!

Andrew