Please Introduce Yourself!

jbidk
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please Introduce Yourself!

Our Community is a great place to connect with other PowerSchool users and exchange ideas.

Please share a bit about yourself such as your role, where you are from, which PowerSchool solutions you are currently using, and any additional areas of interest you'd like to include. 

Our Community would love to hear from you!

JbidK
PowerSchool Community Manager
672 Replies
nikky_aw
Padawan

Hi, I'm Nikky and I'm a parent of 3 children currently utilizing this system with the school in Ft. Wayne, IN. I've recently set up my parent account and located the community when trying to figure out some of the features of the parent account. Hoping to get through this year of virtual learning and hoping this won't foever be the norm. 

ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @nikky_aw,

Welcome to the PowerSchool Community! We are pleased to have you here. 

We encourage you to post questions and feedback as you go forward and the Community will be happy to assist you along the way!

Paritosh T

PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

CassandraM
Hobbyist

Hello!  My name is Cassandra and I am our PowerSchool Admin.  I have no previous PowerSchool or IT type experience - I inherited the position as I'm the type of person who loves to add to my role and learn new things. So everything PowerSchool has been self-taught. Thankfully we are hosted!!! We are a very small private boarding school in one of the south suburbs of Chicago. Been here over 130 years!  So with our students on campus Sunday - Friday we have more moving parts than just academics.  With the school being so small - and old - I continue to push to make strides in learning and showing teachers/staff how much PowerSchool can do!  They had been using the bare minimum.  I wish I could find more user groups near me for support - but this community is great!   

sbeza
Practitioner

This community is Great!!! 💃. I also am new to PS and this community has shown me so much!  Welcome👩‍💻

Sandy B
davisalyn12-_-
Hobbyist

hi my name is davisalyn12-_- and i go to Penn State and I hope to do my best

MuskanS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Thank you @davisalyn12-_-  for taking the time to introduce yourself to the members of the community.

We are glad to have you here.  In PowerSchool Community, as you work towards your product, please consider the Knowledge Base articles and Product Forums within the community as a great resource to get started.

We look forward to seeing you engage in discussions with our awesome community members.

Muskan Sehar

PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Moderator
jmmartin
Hobbyist

Hello!  My name is Jen Martin and I've been a Business and Information Technology High School Teacher, Instructional Technology Resource Coach and High School Assistant Principal.  I just started as the State Reporting and SIS Administrator for Shenandoah County Public Schools.  I'm very excited to learn and grow professionally in this new role!

MuskanS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Welcome to the PowerSchool Community @jmmartinWe're thrilled to have you here.

Community is a great place to interact while looking for solutions, sharing your product expertise with others, and building your product knowledge further by utilizing the resources available here. 

Here are a few resources which will be useful to you starting as a new Community member.

How To get started in our Community

Where to locate Product Forums and Knowledge Base Articles 

Muskan Sehar

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Moderator
nfernandez1

Hello, 

My name is Natalie Fernandez and I am the Staff Accountant at Chester, PA for Atlantic Community Charter School. We have been operating with Efinancepowerschool. 

Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @nfernandez1,

Welcome to PowerSchool Community and we are very excited to see your active participation in PowerSchool Community!  

We recommend going through the article to know more about PowerSchool Community: Welcome and Getting Started pages.

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
greathousem2020
Journeyman

Hello.

I am the new Business Plus Help Desk technician at my school district. We are getting ready to upgrade to the newest version and I'm wondering if/where there is an instruction manual or where I can go to learn how to navigate the new version.

Thank you!

Mary

MuskanS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi! @greathousem2020 

We have posted the 2020 BusinessPlus Year-End Release - Update Available, release notes in the BusinessPlus release notifications page on the community along with the referenced documents, as it contains information that will lead to a successful update. I recommend reaching out to the existing Designated Support Contacts within the district who should be able to access these release notes and assist you further.

Muskan Sehar

Community Moderator
greathousem2020
Journeyman

Thank you!!

ebradshaw
Rookie

Hello, 

Always looking to learn ways to use Powerschool more effectively for our school.

MuskanS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi! @ebradshaw 

We are glad to have you here.  In PowerSchool Community, as you work towards your product, please consider the Knowledge Base articles and Product Forums within the community as a great resource to get started.

How to get started in our Community

Where to locate Product Forums and Knowledge Base Articles 

We look forward to seeing you engage in discussions with our awesome community members.

Muskan Sehar

Community Moderator
rcfoster
Journeyman

My name is Robert Foster. I am the newly-minted "Student Information System" administrator for Springfield Public Schools in Springfield Missouri.

My professional background includes 30+ years in a variety of Information Technology roles.

Being brand new to eSchool / PowerSchool, I am sure I will be searching the forums for answers, and posting questions - as soon as I know which questions to ask!

- Rob

JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @rcfoster 

Thank you for joining our PowerSchool Community. We are glad to have you here.

The PowerSchool Community is an engaging and interesting public forum where a wide variety of resources such as individual product forums, knowledge-base articles, product updates, training videos, and many more are available for all the members. As you work towards your product, please go through the Knowledge Base articles  and product forums within the community as a great resource to get stared.

Please consider the following links to know more:

How to get started in the Community

Where to locate Product forums and Knowledge based articles

How to post and respond in the forum

We hope you have a great experience in exploring the forum and engaging in discussion with the community members.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

HelenP1963
Achiever

Welcome Aboard Rob!!!

wcbllkauffman
Journeyman

Hello:

I am a Payroll/Finance Assistant working for Worcester County Public Schools in Newark, Maryland, USA. We are using eFinance Plus. My responsibilities include payroll deductions and a variety of reporting options. 

Laurie

HelenP1963
Achiever

Welcome!!

SAFFIYAT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @wcbllkauffman,

Welcome to the PowerSchool Community and Thank you for taking time to introduce yourself to the PowerSchool Community members.  We are more than happy to have you on PowerSchool Community and look forward to your active participation.

The PowerSchool Community also provides product based forums, knowledge-base articles, product updates, training videos, product discussion forums. You can discuss any issues regarding your product and PowerSchool Community helps you find answers to your questions. Below is an article that will help you get started in the PowerSchool Community.

Welcome to the PowerSchool Community!

If you have any questions, please let us know and we will be happy to help.

Saffiya Tasneem

Community Moderator.

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you ,If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!