Please Introduce Yourself!

jbidk
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please Introduce Yourself!

Our Community is a great place to connect with other PowerSchool users and exchange ideas.

Please share a bit about yourself such as your role, where you are from, which PowerSchool solutions you are currently using, and any additional areas of interest you'd like to include. 

Our Community would love to hear from you!

JbidK
PowerSchool Community Manager
669 Replies
ElstonS
Senior

Hi @HelenP1963

Welcome! We are delighted to have you onboard the PowerSchool Community. 

The PowerSchool Community is a great place to find product updates, knowledgebase articles, and forums If you have a question and you have not yet found the best answer, posting to one of our forums is a great place to start.

We know that our members have a wealth of knowledge from using our products day-to-day, and others can benefit from their expertise.

Sharing your personal experiences will help others who may have similar questions and are looking for best practices.

We recognize great contributions! 

Not only will your posts encourage others to do the same, but the more you participate, the more you'll see your achievement and recognition grow in the Community.

You'll see this participation acknowledged in the form of Badges and Ranks, as well as being recognized as a knowledgeable leader in our Community. 

I have attached a few articles that will help you get acquainted with the Community. You can access the articles through these direct links: 

Getting started on PowerSchool Community 

The Benefits of Participation  

Looking forward to your contributions to the PowerSchool Community.

Elston S.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

HelenP1963
Achiever

Thanks, I appreciate it,

I am just still in the learning process for TalentEd but I am eager to learn more any suggestions on videos or white pages I can download.

Thanks

HelenP1963

evaklimsa
Trainee

Hello All,

My name is Eva and I work for PLASP Childcare Services in Ontario, Canada as a Relief Coordinator.  We are a large service provider with over 15000 children in our care.  We have been using eSS for approximately three years to replace an antiquated paper and pen process of job placement.  After a conversation with Marie, tech support in Ottawa, who was extremely helpful, the department realized we could work far more efficiently with better knowledge. 

I look forward to learning new things.

Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hello @evaklimsa,

We are delighted to have you among us in PowerSchool Community. On behalf of all the members, we would like to extend our warmest welcome and good wishes!

PowerSchool Community is a great place to have discussions and interactions with other members on your product-related questions and concerns.  You can also help us to improve our products for everyone by sharing your thoughts and ideas.  We are excited about your inputs and contribution to our Community!

We would like you to navigate through the Community to find exciting forums and resources which help you in building knowledge about PowerSchool Products by clicking here.

Keep posting, share your ideas, interact with your peers and earn rewards!  Happy PowerSchooling!

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
DW222
Trainee

Hi All,

I'm Denise Wadsworth and I've been a Speech-Language Pathologist in San Marino USD for 21 years -- these last 18 at Huntington Middle School.  I LOVE SUPPORTING my students with IEPs as well as my General Ed students through volunteer work as a Safe School Ambassador Leader, WEB (Where Everyone Belongs) Advisor and Rotary Interact Advisor.  

I fully admit that I limit my tech to what will support my students or make me more capable of supporting them.  I'm willing and ready to learn (Growth Mindset) how PS will do this.

Be well,

Denise 

ElstonS
Senior

Hi @DW222

Welcome! It's our pleasure to have someone of your level of expertise onboard the PowerSchool Community!

I am sure all of our community members would benefit from the thoughts, ideas, and feedback shared by you and we at PowerSchool value the same and would love to hear more from you regarding how we could support your students and also make you more capable of supporting them. 

Our Community thrives on interactions and participations from its members. We encourage you to check the product forums, knowledgebase articles, product updates and to actively take part in the discussions and share your knowledge with us.

Elston S.

pnblhoehne
Padawan

Hello!  I am a special education teacher in PA.  We are still being held to our timelines during this time when school are closed.  I am not able to log into IEPPlus, so any support would be appreciated.

Thank you

ElstonS
Senior

Hi @pnblhoehne

We are delighted to have you onboard the PowerSchool Community! 

The Community is a great place to find product-related updates, knowledgebase articles, forums, etc. While most of its pages are accessible by all Community members, access to certain pages on the Community is restricted to the Designated Support Contacts within your school district. 

If you feel that you need to be a Designated Support Contact within your school district, I recommend reaching out to the current Designated Support Contact of your school district who should be able to work with PowerSchool and have your account access within the community updated. Or, you can also write an email to businessoperations@powerschool.com requesting to be made a Designated Support Contact within your school district. 

We encourage you to participate in the forums of your expertise within the Community and share your valuable thoughts and ideas with us.

Elston S.

Mmowery08
Padawan

I am a 5th grade teacher in Anniston, Alabama.
BishalG
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hey @Mmowery08,

Welcome to the PowerSchool Community!

We are glad you took the time to introduce yourself.

The community is a fun place to collaborate with members who use the same PowerSchool products, please feel free to start a new discussion topic should you have any questions or jump in on discussions on existing topics if you feel you can contribute to it.

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Say Thanks by clicking the thumbs up icon in a post!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
DebbieF
Rookie

Hello,

My name is Debbie Faber.  I am the Purchasing Manager for Charlotte County Public Schools using BusinessPlus.  I would like to find some folks that are using the Fixed Asset module of BusinessPlus to see what type of scanners they are using to scan and upload data.  Hoping I can find someone through here or I can get pointed in the right direction.

SowmyaN
Expert

Hi @DebbieF!

In Community, BusinessPlus is one of the forums that are accessible by Designated Support Contacts in which you will find user's experiences regarding BusinessPlus issues. I recommend participating in the BusinessPlus forum for better assistance and to know more about what type of scanners the users are using to scan and upload data in the Fixed Asset module.

I have attached the direct link to discussion forum for BusinessPlus Forum

Sowmya Karmel
bbennett64
Trainee

Greetings -

I am the current Director of Technology at Yongsan International School of Seoul (YISS). It is a private international school managed by a local foundation and the Network of International Christian Schools and Oasis International Schools, Inc. We are located in the Yongsan-gu area of Seoul. YISS is a school of about 1,000 students.

I am responsible for all things technology at YISS -- and mostly manage the services verses have a lot of hands on with the various services. When I worked with NorthStar Academy, we used PowerSchool for a couple of years and I did a lot with it and was hands on. That will also be my role at YISS as well. Our biggest need at this point is to integrate Standards Based Grading/Reporting. I am looking forward to getting back into PowerSchool and refamiliarizing myself with it and seeing what we can do with it.

Barry Bennett I Director of Technology

Yongsan International School of Seoul

285 Itaewon-ro, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, Korea 04347

Tel: +82 (2) 797-5104 x324

www.yisseoul.org
MuskanS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi! @bbennett64,

Welcome to the PowerSchool Community!  We are excited to have you onboard with such an amazing work experience and journey.  Even I enjoy technology and exploring new places.  I'm glad to know you have used PowerSchool for a couple of years and have hands-on application.  Our Community thrives on interactions and participation from its members.  We encourage you to check the product forums, knowledgebase articles, product updates and to actively take part in the discussions and share your knowledge with us. 

The more you participate, the more you'll see your achievement and recognition grow in the Community.  You'll see this participation acknowledged in the form of Badges and Ranks, as well as being recognized as a knowledgeable leader in our Community.  To see the latest updates in the PowerSchool Community, we recommend subscribing to the What's New board.  You can check out our Subscriptions and Notifications guide which should help you walk through the steps to subscribe to any section on the Community. 

Muskan Sehar

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Moderator
KylaB
Journeyman

Hi, Kyla Bandstra here. I am a high school counselor at Indianola High School. I live in Monroe and just had a new baby grandson on Sunday amidst this crazy Covid 19 situation. His name is Rowan James and he came home last night. Mom and baby are doing fine.

SowmyaN
Expert

Hi @KylaB,

Congratulations on the arrival of the new baby and welcome to the PowerSchool Community.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Sowmya Karmel
Petersenkj
Journeyman

Hi I am Kathy and I teach at Indianola Middle School, 6th grade Computers. I just finished a course on Digital Citizenship with Common Sense curriculum to supplement the districts digital citizenship guidelines.

SowmyaN
Expert

Hi @Petersenkj,

Welcome to our Community. We are glad to have you here!

Sowmya Karmel
JustinTheisen
Journeyman

Congrats on the grandbaby! 

F-2
Journeyman

Congratulations on the new additions, May he bring endless joy to your Family.
TheLRK
Journeyman

Hi Everyone! My name is Leah Kirk and I am the Administrative Assistant to the Principal at a High School in Northern Virginia. I am engaged and just had to postpone our wedding over the summer due to COVID-19 and look forward to our destination wedding next July! I also coach Softball and Swim & Dive! I love being able to help those in my office with any needs they have and really enjoy working with the students in different settings. 🙂