General FAQs

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

General FAQs

FAQs about how to use our Community can be found under your Avatar by clicking on Help, also through this link: https://help.powerschool.com/t5/help/faqpage

Additional FAQs about our new PowerSchool Community

Q: Can anyone join the PowerSchool Community?

A: Yes. You can join our Community by using Sign In and selecting New User? Register here. We recommend signing up with your school email address. This will help us make sure we are connecting you with the right resources and assistance. 

Q: How do I get started?

A: Getting started is easy:

1. Watch our helpful video to get a quick overview
  2. Click on Sign In and select New User? Register here.
  3. Use your school email so we can help connect you to the resources you need. 
  4. Be sure to check your email and verify your account. 
  5. Subscribe to receive notifications on new content. You can do this in any Forum and in our Announcements & Tips area by clicking on Options and Subscribe 

Q: What are the Password and Username Requirements when I register?

A: Your username must be 3 or more characters in length, maximum of 20 characters, 
and your Password needs to have the following:

• 1 uppercase letter
  • 1 lower case letter
  • 1 number
  • Minimum of 7 characters

Q: Can I still access my old help sites?

A: If you use PowerSource, it will continue to be available for some time. We will have the most current and up to date Knowledge Base articles in the Community, so you'll want to browse here first. Resources, such as downloads, large files, admin guides, can continue to be accessed in PowerSource.  If you use another help site for your solutions, you may see a “We've moved” message with a link to our Community.

Q: What types of resources are available for me through the Community?

A: You can find our Knowledge Base and Forums under Product Support. You can also find links to Services and Training options. Additionally, when you need technical support, you'll find how to submit a request under Contact Support.

Q: Do I post in the forums if I need help from Support?

A: Our forums are a great place to exchange ideas, share best practices, and ask how-to questions. If you are in need of technical support, you can reach out to our support team by going to our Contact Support page. We've created a helpful article on when it's best to post in the Community and when to reach out to Support for your reference. 

Q: I'm looking for a topic and it doesn't come up in my searches. 

A: Be sure to check out our article on search tips to help.

Also, please note that we will continue to grow the resources we offer. If we don't quite have what you are looking for, please post in one of our forums. Our members and our Community team will respond. If you find the answer helpful, you can indicate that by clicking on Accept as Solution. This will grow our library of resources and help other members find those answers as well. 

Q: Why can't I access all the product pages listed under Product Support?

A: Access to these pages and to our companion site, PowerSource is automatically granted to your district or school's authorized technical contacts. To find out more about PowerSource, please visit our Help page

JbidK
PowerSchool Community Manager
1 Reply
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: General FAQs

Please note that we have updated our password requirements. I have added them to the FAQs here. This is something to be aware of when you create your account and when you reset your password.

JbidK
PowerSchool Community Manager