Server Error 404 - File or directory not found

Highlighted
Tpz9
Padawan

Server Error 404 - File or directory not found

Hello, I have been attempting to apply for a substitute teaching position for CFISD since December 2019. I have been unable to complete the application process because I can not get past the attachechments section. When I attempt to attach my resume, transcripts and references I am able to upload them but once I hit Save and Continue I recieve an error message. The error message says "Server Error 404 - File or directory not found". I have searched this forum for help and havent been able to find any. I have cleared my cookies and cache, and renamed all my files to match the requirements and nothing works. Please help me fix this issue. Thank you.  

Error.jpeg

1 Reply
Community Support Expert BishalG
Community Support Expert

Re: Server Error 404 - File or directory not found

Hi,

The 404 File or directory not found error can be caused due to a few factors such as incorrect file name, cookies, and cache being populated, large file size or browser incompatibility.

Please make sure that when you clear cache and cookies on your browser that you select the option to clear data for "All time" and to select Browsing History, Cookies, and other site data and cached images and files on the clear browsing history pop-up menu.  I have provided a screenshot of the options to select when clearing cached data.
image.png

I suggest trying to access the portal using incognito mode on your browser with third-party extensions (if any) disabled. The instructions on how to disable extensions on Google Chrome web browser is available below.

1. Open Google Chrome.

2. To the right of the address bar, look for the icon of the extension you want to turn on or off allow in incognito. Right-click or press and hold on the icon, and click/tap on Manage extensions as shown in the screenshot below.

Chrome1.PNG

3. Turn off Allow in incognito as shown in the screenshot below.

Chrome2.PNG

I recommend referring to our knowledge base article that discusses supported document file formats, naming scheme and file size linked here, since unsupported file type or large files might be the reason behind the 404 error message.

If you have any further queries, please feel free to reach out to the community. 

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!