SchoolSpring help please

SowmyaN
Expert

Re: SchoolSpring help please

Hi @valley,

We regret the inconvenience caused. This is a known issue and our development team is actively working for a resolution.  We will update the thread when it is resolved.

Thank you for your patience while our development team is working on the issue.

Sowmya Karmel
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
valley
Trainee

kfruchter
Trainee

Are employers being notified of this bug!? Regardless of how I type in the cover letter or how it saves, the letter is sent to employers in ONE BIG PARAGRAPH. Please advise on how to proceed. Does anyone have any news or updates?

I do not want to withdraw applications and resubmit because the problem is not corrected. I do not think employers will want to hire some who write a cover letter in one giant paragraph.

kfruchter
Trainee

The <br> shows up on the first line of each paragraph on the copy the employeer gets. Im not sure if this looks worse or better than the one large paragraph. Ugh. Do we think this is happening to everyone or just some users? If everyone's coverletters are one large paragraph maybe it wont seem so bad. 

kfruchter
Trainee

okay it looks like it saves with the <br> but does not show up in copy sent to school districts 

Paige1
Trainee

I have also tried to reformat my cover letter to make it how it should be. I sent an application into a school and it got sent as 1 huge paragraph. How horrible does that look on me.... Are employers going to be make aware of this? Is there a solution?  

BishalG
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @valley@kfruchter@Paige1,

We are sorry that you are facing difficulty with formatting your cover letters correctly on SchoolSpring.

As @AbrittyB and @SowmyaN mentioned this is a known issue affecting all SchoolSpring users. The SchoolSpring product team is working on a fix.

In the meantime, here is a workaround that should be able to help you format your cover letters properly.

Using <br> HTML tag for line break or <p>Your text </p> to define a paragraph should be able to help with formatting you cover letter.

Example:

You can use <br> to enter a line break and the text starts from the next line.
Use <br> <br>followed by your text to insert a new empty line.

Hi this is a test
<br>
Tested!

will be displayed as:

Hi this is a test
Tested!

While

Hi this is a test
<br>
<br>Tested!

will be displayed as:

Hi this is a test

Tested!

Similarly, you can use <p></p> to accomplish the same

Example:

<p>Hi this is a test</p>
<p>Tested!</p>

will be displayed as:

Hi this is a test
Tested!

While

<p>Hi this is a test</p>
<p></p>
<p>Tested!</p>

will be displayed as:

Hi this is a test

Tested!

We appreciate your patience and understanding while our product team works to find a solution.

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Say Thanks by clicking the thumbs up icon in a post!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
trobertson59
Trainee

Hello, 

Are there any updates on the SchoolSpring cover letter formating issue? Has the issue been resolved yet?

Thanks!

MuskanS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi! @trobertson59,

Our engineering and development team has released the fix for formatting issues that were occurring within SchoolSpring.  If you are still experiencing SchoolSpring cover letter formatting issues, please provide the details of the difficulties to assist you further.

Muskan Sehar

PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Moderator