SchoolSpring help please

Highlighted
Recruit

SchoolSpring help please

Hello, I am having trouble saving correctly my cover letter for a school position on SchoolSpring. I have had my account for many years and have applied for many positions.  I wrote my recent cover letter in word then copied and paste into the cover letter area. When I clicked on - save changes.  The format on the cover letter changed to one big paragraph.   I then tried again by typing the cover letter directly onto the cover letter section. Again, have to click save changes and again, it changes the format to one big paragraph.  Can someone please help me? I've been trying to fix this since the 23rd of April with no success.  I also sent a request by email , received an email back that you need my cell number. I did provide it, this morning.  Thank you fr your help.

Ginger Ferraro

18 Replies
Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Re: SchoolSpring help please

Hello @geferraro,

Welcome to Community!

The Cover Letter section of the My Information box allows candidates to save a default cover letter as a template that can be customized for individual applications. Candidates then have the opportunity to customize this letter to address directly the employer and the position of the specific application. A cover letter is required for every application.

The system currently does not allow personalized cover letters to be uploaded because all attachments are available to every employer.

Since you already have a support case opened with the Unified Talent support team, any further updates on the situation should be communicated to you through the case.

AbrittyB
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Please give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If the answer helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

Highlighted

Hi Ginger...did they help you? I am applying for a job tonight and having the same problem! How frustrating..and to think they make you sign up for this community to get questions answered...UGH! Thank you for listening to my rant....:) If you are kind enough to find the time to let me know how you resolved your one big paragraph coverletter that would be great! Thanks in advanced...Jim

Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @jbrosnihan,

I am sorry you were unable to attach your cover letter in a format. This is a widespread issue and our development team is working rigorously to solve it. However, if the school district is asking for a Cover Letter, you will be able to edit the cover letter when you click "Apply For This Job". Saving it in there will save it with the proper spaces and formatting since it is not in the profile.

Sowmya Karmel
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
Highlighted
Recruit

SchoolSpring will not save my cover letter in the proper format. I am applying for a job soon, and I was wondering whether or not I should click the box of saving the cover letter as a template for future applications, or not. Which option will allow the letter actually sent to the prospective employer to be formatted correctly?

Best wishes,

Dan M.

Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hello @mcglatheryd,

During the current cover letter format issue with SchoolSpring, I recommend to hold off saving your cover letter for future templates at this time. When you would apply for a job if you are prompted to give a cover letter you should be asked some questions such as "Have you ever committed a crime?".  Underneath there should be a cover letterbox which should allow you to type out a cover letter as you wish with the spaces.

AbrittyB
If the answer helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

Highlighted
Trainee

Hi, 

I am curious if there are any updates as to when the SchoolSpring Cover Letter Format issues will be resolved? Are school districts and employers aware of this issue? Are job seekers aware of it? 

Thanks for taking the time to address this! Best!

Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Welcome to PowerSchool Community! @trobertson59 

We apologize for the inconvenience faced by applicants regarding the SchoolSpring Cover Letter Format and assure you that the issue is being actively looked into by the Unified Talent Development Team to resolve permanently.

As we know that it is crucial for you to be able to apply for positions on time, our engineering team has released a fix to help with your cover letter format issues for the time being. This fix corrected the ability to use HTML coding to format your cover letter in a proper manner.

You will still be unable to click “Enter” on the keyboard to create a page break however, if you enter <br> where you want your paragraph to break then it will format that into the system. To test this you can enter <br> where you want a page break to be in your cover letter and then save the cover letter. After doing so go back into your cover letter and you should see a page break where you entered the <br>.

AbrittyB

Highlighted
Trainee

<br> does not work for me. WHEN WILL THE ISSUE BE FIXED!! 

Highlighted
Trainee

Perhaps a more detaled explantion of the <br>  fix may help.

Where do I save on School Spring?