School Spring keeps de-formatting my cover letters.

kjm
Recruit

School Spring keeps de-formatting my cover letters.

I had been submitting applications on School Spring without issue up until a few days ago. Sometime between May 9 and 11, a bug materialized. Now, whenever I submit an application, the cover letter gets de-formatted and appears as a single block of text. The spaces I originally had between the date, salutations and paragraphs are no longer there. Needless to say, I worry that this will sabotage my job search!

5 Replies
AbrittyB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Re: School Spring keeps de-formatting my cover letters.

Hello, @kjm,

We apologize for your inconvenience as the issue with the SchoolSpring cover letter format is a known issue and the Unified Talent development team is aware and actively working on the resolution.

We have another thread where you could find a detailed discussion on the same issue. Please click on the link below to view the thread.

SchoolSpring help please 

AbrittyB
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Please give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If the answer helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

kfruchter
Trainee

Has anyone figured out how to fix this problem? I have sent our four applications this week and when I press send the cover letters were formatted correctly, however, when i look at what employeer recieved it is one big paragprah! Help, I don't want to withdraw applications and resubmit because the problem is not fixed. This will take a toll on my job search. Please advise

kjm
Recruit

For now, the best you can do is type <br> every time you want a new line. Apparently, School Spring now expects teaching job applicants to know HTML!
kfruchter
Trainee

The <br> shows up on the first line of each paragraph on the copy the employeer gets. Im not sure if this looks worse or better than the one large paragraph. Ugh. Do we think this is happening to everyone or just some users? If everyone's coverletters are one large paragraph maybe it wont seem so bad. 

BishalG
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @kjm@kfruchter,

We are sorry that you are facing difficulty with formatting your cover letters correctly on SchoolSpring.

As @AbrittyB mentioned this is a known issue affecting all SchoolSpring users. The SchoolSpring product team is working on a fix.

In the meantime, here is a workaround that should be able to help you format your cover letters properly.

Using <br> HTML tag for line break or <p>Your text </p> to define a paragraph should be able to help with formatting you cover letter.

Example:

You can use <br> to enter a line break and the text starts from the next line.
Use <br> <br>followed by your text to insert a new empty line.

Hi this is a test
<br>
Tested!

will be displayed as:

Hi this is a test
Tested!

While

Hi this is a test
<br>
<br>Tested!

will be displayed as:

Hi this is a test

Tested!

Similarly, you can use <p></p> to accomplish the same

Example:

<p>Hi this is a test</p>
<p>Tested!</p>

will be displayed as:

Hi this is a test
Tested!

While

<p>Hi this is a test</p>
<p></p>
<p>Tested!</p>

will be displayed as:

Hi this is a test

Tested!

We appreciate your patience and understanding while our product team works to find a solution.

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Say Thanks by clicking the thumbs up icon in a post!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!