Internal application password reset link deactivated

mamiller49

Internal application password reset link deactivated

I am trying to access my account to finish the application for applying for internal positions. I asked to reset my password. It gives me a "deactivated link" instead of a link to change my password. I am unable to access my account in order to apply for positions. How do I get a password and continue?

25 Replies
erinhawkins
PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

@mamiller49 

Thanks for reaching out via the PowerSchool Community. Can you send the url to the login page so that I can better understand which of our Applicant Tracking Software programs you are using? Doing so will allow me to point you in the correct direction.

Thanks!

KShigeoka
Journeyman

I am having the same problem in TalentEd Recruit and Hire. On the applicant side of the job board if the applicant clicks "I forgot my password" the system is sending an email with their username and a "reset password" link. When they click the "reset password" link in the email it's telling them that "This password reset link has been deactivated."

Also, the Report Wizard that we (HR) relied on to help applicants troubleshoot the system that provided applicant passwords with a security question also appears to be gone. 

I am also trying to connect to chat Technical Support to get this resolved but I've been on the "Please hold while we connect you to an agent" for about 10 minutes now, so I'm trying this simultaneously. 

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Capture.GIF

PS_AM1
Veteran

Hi @KShigeoka,

Thank you for reaching out for assistance through the Community!  I am looking into the password reset link deactivation message and reaching out to the product support team for additional assistance.  I will follow up as soon as I have more information.

Stay tuned!

Angelam7
PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
KShigeoka
Journeyman

Hi @PS_AM1 

Thanks for reaching out. I was able to finally connect with chat support and they've started a case for me. Looked like there might have been a few people on the community forum who were running into the same problem too. I'm hoping to have it resolved soon!

Thanks!

Kim

PS_AM1
Veteran

Hi @KShigeoka,

You are welcome!  I am glad that support is looking into this for you and I appreciate you providing an update.  If you have additional questions, please let me know and I will be happy to help.

Have a great day!

Angelam7

If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
JohnS40
Trainee

We are having the same issue.  When they try to reset their password it acts like it will send it to their email, but it never comes to their email.

KShigeoka
Journeyman

@JohnS40 I got an answer back from TalentEd support - the answer was that the password reset email was passing through our email server and our email server was "scanning" the email to make sure it was safe and triggering the link which deactivated it. We reached out to our internal IT team and they fixed the issue (although I'm not sure exactly what IT magic the had to apply to make it happen on our end). So turns out the problem was only affecting our internal applicants using our email system. 

cynthialeathers
Trainee

https://pasadena.tedk12.com/hire/PasswordReset.aspx?Key=Yq61mbTlktI%3D

and Clear Creek isd 

Please help I need a job! 

MuskanS
Prodigy

Hi! @cynthialeathers,

The error about the deactivated link is due to your district IT blocking the link to go through.  It is very common to have external emails scanned for links and the protection software to access the links to check for safety.  I recommend reaching out to the IT  who should be able to 'white list' emails from the PowerSchool domain.  This would allow external emails to still have the one-time reset link available.

Muskan Sehar

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Moderator
christoj123
Trainee

Hi, I also have a password_username issue. I was at a previous district when I signed up for TalentEd, and now I can't access my account. I don't have access to another districts email and so to do the reset password doesn't work. I also tried to start a new account but it just took me to PowerSchool and says now my account is active but when I go to talentEd it shows I do not exist. I am trying to apply for internal positions I am not having access too because of this issue. Please advise. 

Thank you,

Jules

jaburwell
Padawan

I am having the same issue.  Here is the url:

https://nc.teachermatch.org/applyteacherjob.do?jobId=375345

Please help me resolve this issue.

Sincerely,

Jenn

BishalG
Ninja

Hi @jaburwell,

There are a few common reasons users that would lead the user to receive the message that the password reset link has been deactivated. 
The most common reason being that the password reset you are trying to access has expired, the password reset links are active for four hours, post which they are deactivated.   
Another reason would be that your Unified Talent account is no longer active. 

If you are trying to access the link within four hours and you continue to receive the message that the link is deactivated, I recommend reaching out to the Unified Talent Applicant Support team via this direct link to request the status of your account and requesting assistance with resetting your account password.

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Say Thanks by clicking the thumbs up icon in a post!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
cynthialeathers
Trainee

Thank you Bishal, but it is not working repeated timely attempts to login and multibple school districts. 

KarlyRadich
Rookie

I am having the same issue with one district page in particular. I have tried several times to reset the password and I keep getting a message saying the link has been deactivated. I am using a personal compuert at home.

ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @KarlyRadich,

Thank you for posting your question in the Community.

We understand your concern, the password reset links are active for four hours, post which they are deactivated. Please make sure that you are accessing it before it gets deactivated. 

If you are trying to access the link within four hours and you continue to receive the message that the link is deactivated, I recommend reaching out to the Unified Talent Applicant Support team via this direct link to request the status of your account and requesting assistance with resetting your account password.

ParitoshT

Community Moderator 

chark981
Rookie

https://click.pstmrk.it/2t/www.schoolspring.com%2Flogin.cfm/6LZD_ikN/rJwV/k17GFGkKad%3Cbr

This is the broken link I get and I'm using my home computer.  I can't apply for any jobs because I can't sign in.  Please HELP! Thanks.

kgtucker
Rookie

The application system is not accepting my international phone numbers. Can you please help 

ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @kgtucker,

I am happy to help you find a solution, To help me troubleshoot further can you please share the link to the job portal that you are using to submit your application?

ParitoshT

Community Moderator 

kgtucker
Rookie

JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @kgtucker

You can review this thread as we have responded to your query there.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator