"A user already exists with the credentials you've provided"

Rikkit7

"A user already exists with the credentials you've provided"

Hello, 

I am trying to apply for a job on teachermatch but whenever I try to apply to a specific position I am given an error message that states:

A user already exists with the credentials you've provided. If you've misplaced your user name or password, please click here. If you need additional assistance please contact the help desk at teachermatchsupport@peopleadmin.com or 855-980-0511 

I may have made an account a few years ago with a previous email which I cannot recall the information too. Is there a way to remedy this issue? I have the social security and other relevant information to prove my identity if needed. 
I would just like to deactivate the other account that has my information on it so I can apply for work. 

When I tried to email help desk my email was bounced back telling me it was blocked. I tried multiple times.

Thank you for any help you can provide.
1 Reply
BishalG
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @Rikkit7,

If you are receiving an error with the message "A user already exists with the credentials you've provided..." it may be because that the email you are using to register already has an account associated with it.

I recommend using the steps listed in the knowledge base article to reset your password.  The link to the article can be found here

If you continue to face difficulty, you can reach out to the Unified Talent Applicant Support team. The team should be able to gather information on your account and help look into options to recover or remove your existing account.  You can follow this direct link to contact the Unified Talent Applicant Support team.

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Say Thanks by clicking the thumbs up icon in a post!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!