Printing Job Postings

operez
Hobbyist

Printing Job Postings

I have been having issues when I go to print a PDF of a job posting. It is cutting off the information after "Job Details" only provides a "Posting ID" and a "Title" then wastes the rest of the page.  Is anyone experiencing this?  I do not see any extra spacing that would be causing this to happen.  Help?

Job Posting Snap Shot.JPG

1 Solution
jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

Thank you for reporting the formatting issue when printing a pdf!

PowerSchool has received reports regarding this issue.  The PowerSchool Development team is working quickly to resolve the issue.  We apologize for the inconvenience this is causing and thank you for your patience as we work to find the root cause and resolve the issue.

Exceptional People Offering Exceptional Solutions
Explore Becoming a PowerSchool Mentor today!

View solution in original post

25 Replies
AngelaM8
Hobbyist

I am having the same problem! After the large white space on page 1, it is also cutting off the posting details on page 2. I tried all three of my browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Edge), restarted my computer, and ensured all readers/views/browsers are up to date. No luck.

PowerSchool: Please offer solution ASAP!

jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

Thank you for reporting the formatting issue when printing a pdf!

PowerSchool has received reports regarding this issue.  The PowerSchool Development team is working quickly to resolve the issue.  We apologize for the inconvenience this is causing and thank you for your patience as we work to find the root cause and resolve the issue.

View solution in original post

CrystalD4
Journeyman

Wow! 8 months and still no resolution.  How much are we paying for this? Surely enough so that someone can dedicate time to fixing this issue.

8 months...if I ignored client requests/complaints for 8 months with no resolution, I would probably be losing my job. I guess it's not that important to TalentEd how this is impacting their customers.

BTW, you can only print the job posting from the front end IF the job is still posted. So that 'work around' isn't very effective.

SarahD12
Hobbyist

@CrystalD4 I totally agree with you!  

jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

@CrystalD4 @SarahD12 

I understand your concern regarding the printing issues within Unified Talent.  I have reached out to the Product team who has confirmed our Developers are working on a resolution.  We are working to gather more information and will provide an update in this thread soon.  

operez
Hobbyist

Is there anything I need to do on my end?  It's hasn't been solved for me. 

jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

I recommend ensuring the printing settings are correct.  We are continuing to resolve this issue.  I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience while we work to resolve the pdf printing format issue.

AngelaM8
Hobbyist

Has there been any progress on a resolution. Yes, my print settings are correct. And yes, I've all checked to make sure I am using the most updated version of my browser (& have tried all three: Chrome, Firefox, and MS Edge). This looks terrible as an attachment to our postings.

Please provide us with an update.

Thank you,

Angela

MirandaM2
Journeyman

We have been having the same issue with printing requisitions and job postings. Has anyone been able to figure out a workaround? 

PS_AM1
Veteran

Hi @MirandaM2@AngelaM8,

The PowerSchool Development Team is still working to resolve the printing issue.  As a workaround, the print posting from the candidate portal displays properly.  We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience while we work to resolve the issue.  Once we have an update we will post it here!

Angelam7
PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
MirandaM2
Journeyman

You're not alone. We've been having this issue for some time too. It's super frustrating! We've also found that we have to go into the "edit" feature of a posted job and use the "HR Print" button to print because if we use the print queue it pulls in some random job instead of the one we're actually trying to print. 

operez
Hobbyist

I know exactly what you are talking about as I have encountered the same problem as well. It's been over a month and it seems there is no resolution, which makes it difficult because we are starting our busiest time of the year.  There should be a solution by now. 

jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

Thank you for your response!

Our Developers have reviewed the printing issue and working on a resolution at this time.  Thank you for your patience as we continue to resolve the issue.  We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

operez
Hobbyist

There is still no solution to this problem and it only seems to get worse. When I try to print anything now using any of the back door methods, I get redirected and dumped into our employment page where employees can view and apply for jobs. This is so frustrating and after over a month of trying to find a solution, there is nothing.  My busy hiring season has started and I am still trying to figure out how to go around this problem with no real support.

PS_AM1
Veteran

Hi @operez,

I have an update with some information that may be of some assistance to you that I am providing below. 

-When printing job postings the wrong posting is printing

To address the above issues, we have removed a new feature called the "print library/print queue." Your printing and viewing will now open in the same tab and download. Printing will no longer redirect to a print library.

If you run into printing errors, you may need to clear your cache.  I hope this will help with the issue you are experiencing.  

I hope this information helps.  Thank you for posting in the Community!

Angelam7

If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
operez
Hobbyist

Clearing the cache did help the redirecting issue. Thank you.

MirandaM2
Journeyman

I was having the same issue of being redirected to our employment page when I tried to print, but I cleared my cache and now it's fixed. However, the printing is still messed up ... a mostly blank title page and it cuts out the middle of my job postings. 

I definitely feel your frustrations!!

operez
Hobbyist

Clearing the cache did help with the redirecting issue. 🙂  Yes, back to square one with a wasted sheet of paper!

PS_AM1
Veteran

Hi @operez@MirandaM2,

Thank you for providing this feedback!  I understand your frustration and will follow up once we have an update.  

Angelam7

BeckyW7
Journeyman

I agree, the printing issue needs to be addressed now, it has gone on way too long.