Weighted Traditional Grading

Kaalej
Journeyman

Weighted Traditional Grading

Powerschool makes it really easy to weight individual assignments, but I would like to know if it is possible to weight categories to calculate a total points grade. Does anyone have experience with this type of traditional grade calculation?

4 Replies
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Re: Weighted Traditional Grading

Hi @Kaalej 

If you are asking about PowerTeacher Pro, the options are Total Points OR Category Weighting. Yes, you can create Categories and give them Weighting, such as a Quarter 1 Grade being :

Homework 20%

Tests: 40%

Classwork 40%

Diferentiating categories has been very helpful in developing a gradebook for different courses that I teach, making sure assesments reflect student learning.

kaczmarekz
Recruit

You can also drop the lowest quiz score in that option box as well which I find is useful for weighted grades.  

DanM3
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

In the Unified Classroom click on your initials in the top right-hand corner and select SETTINGS.

You will see in the list of links "Traditional Grade Calculations". As Jeff said you can do category weighting but also total points (default setting), standards weighting and term weighting.

You can also copy one class to some or all of your other classes by clicking on the gear - and selecting Copy Traditional Grade Calculations.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206885

Dan Morgan
Saint Mary's College High School - Berkeley, CA
PowerSchool Hosted - v 20.4.3 - 600 Students
PowerSchool User and Admin since 2000