Transferring Students Grades/Assignments Between Teachers

powerschoolEmail

Transferring Students Grades/Assignments Between Teachers

Teacher A had a group of students in a section. That teacher is no longer the lead teacher of that section, Teacher B is the new lead teacher. Is there a way to transfer assignments/grades from Teacher A to Teacher B? Would Teacher B need to contact Teacher A to receive a copy of Teacher A's assignments/grades?

1 Solution
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@powerschoolEmail 

If you are using PowerTeacher Pro, there is currently no way to Transfer scores from one teacher to another, although they finally added the functionality to transfer a student's grades from one section to another if the same teacher has both sections.

I'd say the easiest thing to do in your case is to have Teacher A print out a Scoresheet or Individual Student Report and get it to Teacher B.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@powerschoolEmail 

If you are using PowerTeacher Pro, there is currently no way to Transfer scores from one teacher to another, although they finally added the functionality to transfer a student's grades from one section to another if the same teacher has both sections.

I'd say the easiest thing to do in your case is to have Teacher A print out a Scoresheet or Individual Student Report and get it to Teacher B.

Do PowerSchool admins have the ability?

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@powerschoolEmail 

No, they cannot.

Admin access to the teacher gradebook is granted via a security role, but it is Read-Only access. Admin users can add themselves as Co-Teachers to sections, but that just means they log in as teachers so they have no added "powers" in the gradebook.

I am trying to use the transfer grades option on a student....the change was in Q3, and I haven't stored my grades yet. It won't let me do it....says "Q3 is already completed".  Is there a way to get around that?  I changed the quarter in the dropdown when I chose the student, but when I choose Transfer Scores, it defaults to Q4.

JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@KrisS8The Transfer Scores function is currently limited to the current term.

What if you created another section for Teacher A, transferred the grades and then changed the  teacher of the section to Teacher B?

Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @sgnevill!

Thank you for the question.  Creating another section for Teacher A, transfer the grades, and then changing the teacher of the section to Teacher B should work.  However, you just have to update the lead teacher on the Edit Section and make sure you have the dates.  As an example, let's assume that Teacher A was the Lead teacher from 08/01/2021 to 10/01/2021 and Teacher B is Lead Teacher from 10/02/2021 to 05/30/2022.   As a side note, you would need to have the Lead Teacher cover all the dates, so even if the change is on a weekend, you would need no breaks between the teachers.  

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!