Teacher Issues Before Term Starts

HilaryK
Journeyman

Teacher Issues Before Term Starts

Hello - I am an administrator who has enrolled all students into sections.

We are in the current year, but the term does not begin till 9/6. 

Teachers in UC cannot view their students in UC "students" icon and cannot set up their gradebooks with traditional grade calculations even though the class is listed as a 19-20 class.  The alert says "the section does not have an assigned reporting term."

Thank you for your help!

5 Replies
DanM3
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Your admin needs to set up Final Grade Reporting Terms.

Dan Morgan
Saint Mary's College High School - Berkeley, CA
PowerSchool Hosted - v 20.4.3 - 600 Students
PowerSchool User and Admin since 2000

HilaryK
Journeyman

HI DAn,

Thank you for your reply!

I am an administrator.

I have set up the school year and terms.  They are correct in our system.  Our school year began 7/1, the fall term begins 9/6.  Is there any way I can make it so that the information shows up BEFORE 9/6 without changing the 9/6 date?  If this is found elsewhere than editing the year and term in school setup, please let me know.

DanM3
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Hi @HilaryK ,

As part of the start of the year procedures there are two separate areas that contain years and terms information. Years and terms generally are migrated and populated in the EOY process. However, once in the new year you need to navigate to School - Grading - Final Grade/Reporting Term Setup. It looks very similar to years and terms however it really is what makes the connection between the SIS and PowerTeacher Pro. 

Dan Morgan
Saint Mary's College High School - Berkeley, CA
PowerSchool Hosted - v 20.4.3 - 600 Students
PowerSchool User and Admin since 2000

genuardiwilson
Padawan

Thank you! That was very helpful.

HilaryK
Journeyman

Thank you Dan!

This has solved my problem!

It looks like it was set up for 1 out of the 3 schools in our district but not all.  I appreciate your help!