Submitting Assignments

nsarver
Hobbyist

Submitting Assignments

What is the difference between (or benefit to) the new workflow with assignments/handouts created through scoresheet and the assignments created in Class Pages (Learning)?  We're finding that it's more confusing than helpful to have multiple places to create assignments within the program.  

5 Replies
BenH5
Journeyman

Re: Submitting Assignments

We are having the same issue. Many of our teachers are giving up creating anything in ClassPages, and using UC assignments only. They can then upload the UC assignments on their Classpages so that students can find them there. This has been a major stumbling point in our building!

nsarver
Hobbyist

I agree.  Our students and teachers who were used to using Class Pages to post and submit assignments are now confused.  We have new teachers on staff who created assignments through scoresheet and then students never saw they had an assignment to complete there.  I wish that they (powerschool) would just do one thing and make it good.  Make creating/submitting assignment workflow better by 1) having ONE spot for it as not to confuse users 2) add a student annotator options so that students don't have to leave the program to complete assignments!  

PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

According to a webinar I attended a couple of weeks ago, the perferred way is via the Unified Classroom. You have more flexibility in options (categories, grade/main scale, etc.) in the UC assignments than you do in Class Pages assignments.

nsarver
Hobbyist

Then they should either do away the assignment option in Class Pages OR make the category/handout option available there.  It's too confusing to have multiple places to assign and submit work in one program.  I don't mean to take my frustration out on you, but I'm managing many many questions/complaints about this currently and I understand where my teachers are coming from on this one! 

PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

No problem, I totally understand. That's why I told our teachers again this year to ONLY USE the UC assignment creator. With the new UC Assignment Content Block in Class Pages there is really no need to use any of the assignment features in Class Pages. (Exception being wikis and discussions.)