Student Observations

khunt

Student Observations

In the new Powerschool SIS update, we now have a student observations option. I understand that we, teacher, can write observations and even forward this on to our admin. However, I was wondering if parents/students could see these observations from their end. Thank you!

7 Replies
KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @khunt 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community for assistance!

Currently, parents or students do not have the ability to view the student observations. However, this would be a great enhancement request to add to the PowerSchool SIS update. You can add this as a feature request to the PowerSchool Ideas Portal

Here's an article with more information on how to use the PowerSchool Ideas Portal.

PowerSchool Ideas Portal FAQs 

Please let us know in case of further queries.

KritiS
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
cogginm
Recruit

Where can these be located on the SIS side?

cpettus
Journeyman

I think the purpose of the new Student Observations is for private teacher comments, that students and parents do not need to see.

DanM3
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@khunt are you seeing PTP Observations in the Unified Classroom?

Dan Morgan
Saint Mary's College High School - Berkeley, CA
PowerSchool Hosted - v 20.4.3 - 600 Students
PowerSchool User and Admin since 2000

KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @cogginm 

Thank you for the query!

A teacher has the ability to view the observations from the New page called Class. An admin will also be able to view the observations from the Read-only view for each teacher separately. You can learn more about Student-Observation-Incident-page in this article.

Please let us know in case of any further queries.

KritiS

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
mylenek
Rookie

when I click this link it says I don't have access to view the article... How do I gain access?

BishalG
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @mylenek,

There are certain resources in the community that are accessible based on the roles assigned by your school or district. This article will provide the most common reasons you may receive a message that you do not have access to a resource. 

Hmm Looks Like You Don't Have Access Error Message

I have reached out to you via email to further discuss your access to the community.

Bishal G.
Say Thanks by clicking the thumbs up icon in a post!