Single School Admin Account

averymaylyynteacher5

Single School Admin Account

Hello! Our district has asked us to make a PowerSchool admin account just for our school for our teachers to take attendance on! I was wondering how I can do that?  

10 Replies
NinaRi
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @averymaylyynteacher5,

Thank you for reaching out in the PowerSchool Community!  We see that you submitted a ticket to the PowerSchool Support Team.  We will continue to work with you in the ticket to determine the best practices for adding a general PowerSchool admin account. 

Please let us know if you have any more questions.  We will be more than happy to assist you! 

Nina R.
Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.
averymaylyynteacher5

Hello @NinaRi thank you for responding! 

Is there any way I can email you to further continue this discussion?

NinaRi
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

You should have received an email from me through a support case I have submitted on your behalf. If you haven't received the email, please let me know and I can resend it.  Thank you!

Nina R.
Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.
averymaylyynteacher5

Hello @NinaRi

If possible can you please re send it if that is not a problem.

NinaRi
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

I resent the email and will continue to work with you via the case. Thank you!

Nina R.
averymaylyynteacher5

Thank you @NinaRi

I have responded!

DanM3
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@averymaylyynteacher5 Instead of using the Admin account, I would suggest using the Sub portal for your teachers, The trouble with a single account (other than security) is that one account can only be accessed by one person at a time. If another teacher were to log into PS, it would kickoff the previous user.  

Dan Morgan
Saint Mary's College High School - Berkeley, CA
PowerSchool Hosted - v 20.4.3 - 600 Students
PowerSchool User and Admin since 2000

averymaylyynteacher5

Okay @DanM3 , but just have one question is the attendance the same as PowerSchool? As well as can you put the instructions to making an account to the Sub Portal please, and thank you!

- Clair 

DanM3
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

The sub portal allows you to select the school and the teacher from dropdown menus and then take attendance. It's pretty much the same attendance screen that is in PowerTeacher and the Unified Classroom. 

The PowerSchool SIS Substitute portal provides easy-to-use tools to view the daily bulletin, take attendance, and submit lunch counts for each of your classes. The names of the teacher, school, and term for which you are substituting appear in the header. If not, contact the school's PowerSchool administrator. Click the header's PowerSchool logo from anywhere within the application to return to the start page. 

There are two ways to take attendance for the current day. If you prefer a list where student names appear in an alphabetical list, you can use the Single Day attendance page by clicking the chair. If you prefer a visual representation of the class where student names and their pictures appear in alphabetical order, you can use the Seating Chart attendance page by clicking the chair and grid. 

Set Substitute Sign In Settings

1. On the start page, choose School under Setup in the main menu. 
  2. Under General, click Sub Sign In Settings
  3. Use the following table to enter information in the fields:

FieldDescription

Sub Sign In Password

Enter the substitute password.

Include current date?

Select the checkbox to include the current date as a prefix to the password.

4. Click Submit.

Dan Morgan
Saint Mary's College High School - Berkeley, CA
PowerSchool Hosted - v 20.4.3 - 600 Students
PowerSchool User and Admin since 2000

averymaylyynteacher5

Thank you @DanM3 Can you provide a link to get to the page where you do the steps you provided please and thank you!