Reading the Standards Progress Slider

mrjarbenne
Professional

Reading the Standards Progress Slider

2020-02-28_10-16-37.png

Looking at the above image, I'm struggling to understand what the slider at the top is indicating. It looks to me from the array below, that the student is proficient in 6 Standards, but still struggling in 2. Am I mis-understanding what the slider should indicate, or is there an issue with our set up in UC?

1 Solution
AbrittyB
Senior

@mrjarbenne!

We are grateful for your patience as we were investigating the issue where the Standard Progress Slider is missing the red part and not perfectly representing the student's performance in the image provided to us in this thread.

Troubleshooting this issue further would need us to share some more information that could be personally identifiable. Since Community is a public forum and we strive to protect the privacy of all the members, I recommend reaching out to the Unified Classroom support team who would be glad to assist you in resolving the issue of the progress bar not showing exact student performance.

Please visit the Help menu located inside of the Unified Classroom site to submit a new case with the product's support team.

AbrittyB
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Please give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If the answer helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AbrittyB
Senior

Hi! @mrjarbenne

The Standards Progress page shows the student’s overall progress towards proficiency on all of the class standards. It also highlights the standards needing the most attention.

The colors in the graph correspond to the grade scale used for the class. For example, on a 1-4 scale, some schools may define "4" as dark green (advanced), "3" as light green (proficient), "2" as orange (approaching proficiency), and "1" as red (below).  

For the overall total, the black demarcation line displays where the cutoff is between the number of standards where the student is proficient and above, versus those where the student is not yet proficient. The graphical display makes it easy to track the student’s progress towards mastery of all the standards for the class. Below the overall totals, the standards needing the most attention are listed along with the student's grade on that standard.

AbrittyB
If the answer helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

mrjarbenne
Professional

Thanks for the reply, but based on your explanation, don’t you think there is something wrong with the demarcation line in the attached screenshot?
jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

I understand you are reporting the progress bar seems like it is evenly showing yellow, green, and dark green and not showing red.  This does not seem to match the performance of the student in the attached image.  We are looking into how the set up of the progression bar can cause it to not match the performance of the student. 

We will reach out in this thread once we have an update.  Thank you for your patience as we continue to review the set up of the progression bar.

Exceptional People Offering Exceptional Solutions
Explore Becoming a PowerSchool Mentor today!
AbrittyB
Senior

@mrjarbenne!

We are grateful for your patience as we were investigating the issue where the Standard Progress Slider is missing the red part and not perfectly representing the student's performance in the image provided to us in this thread.

Troubleshooting this issue further would need us to share some more information that could be personally identifiable. Since Community is a public forum and we strive to protect the privacy of all the members, I recommend reaching out to the Unified Classroom support team who would be glad to assist you in resolving the issue of the progress bar not showing exact student performance.

Please visit the Help menu located inside of the Unified Classroom site to submit a new case with the product's support team.

AbrittyB