Partial points for rubric levels?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Partial points for rubric levels?

Hello! 

The rubrics feature would be a lot more useful to me if I could give different levels partial points.

For instance, I have a rubric for a 15 point assignment with 5 criteria. Currently my levels are Secure (3 pts), Nearly Secure (2.25 pts), Developing (2 pts), and Beginning (1 pt). We are in a traditional grading system, not standards based grading, so I really need the partial points to keep the grade percentages in a fair and accurate place.

So far, whenever I try to build a rubric, it autocorrects the 2.25 down to a 2, and I don't see any work around for this. If there is one, please help me out! If there isn't one, PowerSchool, please make this a feature!

Thank You!

5 Replies
Highlighted
Trainee

Re: Partial points for rubric levels?

I agree, this would be very helpful. I find using the rubrics to be very confusing. I can only find rubrics shared with me when I go to the assignment and edit assignment. If I try to use rubrics under the grading section, where rubrics option shows up, I can't get to any rubrics that have been shared with me. Very confusing and frustrating.

Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @stonel,

The option to share Rubrics is available in PowerSchool Learning.  You can view Rubrics shared with you on the PowerSchool Learning instance by following the steps mentioned in the guide linked here.

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @terrellh,

The ability to enter a non-integer value as Rubrics point per level is currently not built into PowerSchool Unified Classroom.  Hence, partial points default to an integer value.

I have submitted a feature request on your behalf to the PowerSchool Unified Classroom development team to look into the option to add support for non-integer partial points as Rubrics point per level.

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you, @BishalG

Highlighted
Padawan

I also agree, this would be really helpful if you could make it possible!