OneRoster data missing email addresses

dobes
Journeyman

OneRoster data missing email addresses

Hi,

I am helping a customer integrate PowerSchool and our product using the OneRoster API to pass roster data over to our application.  I was able to use the OneRoster API to fetch user information.

However:

1. All users were placed into the same organization, so the organizational hierarchy could not be replicated

2. None of the users included an email address, and the username they were given was an OpenID URL.  Thus there would be no practical way for those users that were rostered to log in.

Are there additional option for the OneRoster API setup that would remedy these problems, or is the OneRoster API integration still a work in progress in these regards?

3 Replies
MuskanS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi! @dobes,

We are working with the product team to gather more information on the OneRoster API setup.  We thank you for your patience while we update this thread.

Muskan Sehar

PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Moderator
Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @dobes,

We thank you for your patience while we were working on this.

OneRoster is an open, standards-based way to share classes and roster information between systems.  For any queries related to this, we recommend reaching out to the Designated Support Contact within your district who should be able to provide further guidance.

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
dobes
Journeyman

Hi,

I am not a PowerSchool customer, I am another software vendor trying to assist a mutual integrate our products using OneRoster.

I have asked our mutual customer to contact their support contact, hopefully they have done so and are able to get a response.

Regards,

Dobes