Notifications when student submits an assignment

Highlighted
Padawan

Notifications when student submits an assignment

Is it possible to get a notification (not email) when I student submits an assignment in the UC Class Page?  For example, I am attempting things such as discussion boards and would like a notification when I student posts so I don't have to keep digging in there and checking.  I am not interested in getting an email notification (I already have 35,000+ emails in my inbox).  Thanks!

5 Replies
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Notifications when student submits an assignment

I agree this would be a helpful feature.  I'm coming from a school that used Google Classroom, and with the app, I got a notification of who turned in what assignment and when which was really handy.  

Highlighted
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Actually you do get a notification when assignments are turned into the Unified Classroom. The bell icon will list the number of new notifications and when you click on it, you can tell if they are from the Activity Feed, Messages or Assignments. As you can see below, I have 30 new assignments submitted. Below each assignment it will tell you the name of the first student who submitted it and how many others were turned in for that specific assignment.  When you hover over the assignment it will show you all of the names without having to click on it.

Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 12.20.29 PM.png

Highlighted
Padawan

Ok, good to know!  I was doing a discussion board for a grade and had to keep checking to see if certain student had posted/replied.  I was hoping there would be a bell icon for that also to save me time.  Thanks!

Highlighted
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

The discussion board is in Class Pages and I don't know if that even feeds into the Unified Classroom notification system. They work together but they are not really "UNIFIED"!!!  Sorry to say. 

Highlighted
Padawan

That was my impression too.  Thanks for the reply!