Import Grades from Google Classrom PowerTeacher Pro

Highlighted
Hobbyist

Import Grades from Google Classrom PowerTeacher Pro

Is there a method to import grades into PowerTeacher Pro?

With distance learning, our district has chosen to use Google Classrooms for meetings, attendance and assignments.  Is there a way to move the results of assignments into Power

Teacher without hand entering them?

7 Replies
Highlighted
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Re: Import Grades from Google Classrom PowerTeacher Pro

Hi @tgallardo,

You can import assignment scores from Google Classroom into  PT Pro, but honestly it isn't much faster or more convenient than entering them yourself.

I found this video on transferring Google grades into PowerTeacher Pro using a Chrome extension.

It is called "Copying Grades from Google Classroom to PowerTeacher Pro":

This website won't let me post the url, so search youtube for the video.

Highlighted
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@tgallardoThat is DEFINITELY easier than using the tool built into PT Pro. Good find.

I couldn't agree with you more on this...It's UNACCEPTABLE that in 2020 that we can't even import an entire gradebook .csv file to update grades.  Timeless hours are being wasted because we have to manually enter grades from our 3rd party systems be it Edhesive, Google Classroom, etc.

If PowerSchool only knew how DISAPPOINTED I am right now.  I can't think of any other SIS that doesn't allow a full update of grades via .csv file.

Even if we have to create the assignments first in PowerTeacherPro, then export the .csv file so it's in the correct format, I can then copy and paste from other platforms that allow me to export grades to a spreadsheet.

Highlighted
Hobbyist

I recently found a google app that imports grades to PowerTeacher - Grade Transferer.

However, it is not free, but reasonably cheap.

BUT, it doesn't key on the unique student ID number.  It keys on the student name, which can be a real mess because somehow PowerSchool and PowerTeacher don't always have the same name for a student.  Since Google uses PowerSchool names, they don't always match to PowerTeacher names.  This could be a problem only in my district, but it is a problem.

AND it would be REALLY NICE if teachers could import attendance from Google to PowerSchool.

But, again, it really needs to key on ID numbers, not names.  (I had a set of twin girls and a set of twin boys with the EXACT same name, no differing middle name or initial.  The only difference in PowerSchool was their ID numbers.  And those were only off by one.  Not to mention the many Luis Lopezes that populate our district.)

Highlighted
Hobbyist

Oh yeah...I paid for the Grade Transferer and I'm in the same boat that many of the names don't completely match up and it messes up the transfer.

It's seriously mind boggling to me that a Multi-Million Dollar company that's been in the educational realm now for over 3 decades is soooo Poor in ease of use when it comes to features.

Hopefully they read these forum posts and see the NEED to support simple things like .csv import of an entire gradebook not just one assignment at a time.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @tgallardo@minoaa@JeffG9

Thank you for your posts in our Community and for the feedback regarding importing grades from Google Classroom to PowerTeacher Pro.

PowerSchool strives to provide an integration between PowerTeacher Pro and our market-leading products that create ease of use and an overall positive customer experience. This integration would ideally allow assignments and grades to flow seamlessly between products, giving teachers time back to instruction. While we currently work with companies like Google in many ways to support the classroom, assignment, and grade transfer is not currently one of the ways we offer now.

We do value the feedback you provided. At the moment, we have this idea in the Ideas Portal that you can upvote - Google Classroom Integration (Idea SIS-I-7539). Our Product team reviews your ideas for consideration in a future release.

Please let us know if we can assist further.

JbidK
PowerSchool Community Manager