I entered grades, hit done, and no grade appears for the student. I've set up my categories and weighted them in settings, and I set those weights for both the semester and the quarter.
Thank you for reaching out in the PowerSchool Community!
When a grade is entered into the gradebook, we recommend selecting SAVE to save all grades that have been entered before navigating away from the gradebook. Do the grades appear when selecting SAVE after entering the grade?
Here's the sequence of events:
1. I have a semester-length course that has 3 weighted categories.
2. I set up the gradebook so that S1, Q1, and Q2 are calculated with weighted categories. I hit save as appropriate.
3. Final grades were not being calculated.
4. I restored Q1 and Q2 to default and left the weighted categories for S1, which resulted in final grades being calculated.
5. Today I opened gradebook to find that the final grades were no longer appearing.
6. I restored the grade settings to default and tried setting it up again with the weighted categories for S1, Q1, and Q2. No change. I restored to default again and set it up only for S1. Still no change.
I am confident in the fact that this is not an issue of forgetting to hit a save button.
we don't do standard grading but when grades do not appear for my teachers it is normally because of the of the way the quarter weighting is set up, and the assignments they created..
They may have created assignments that are not in the quarter weighting scheme. If you have already checked that I apologize.. I am going to reread the issue and see if a different answer pops to me..
There are a few possible issues. Is the S1 the final grade for the course? For example, if I had a year-long course I might have terms of Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4, L6, and Y1, where the QX are the Quarter grades, the L6 is the exam grade and the Y1 is the full course grade that would go on a transcript. If the S1 is the course grade, set it to Term Weighting, Exact Value Earned, and use Q1 and Q2 to calculate it. Could you perhaps post screen shots of how the traditional grade setup looks for the Qs and the S1? Are the assignments in categories that are part of the Category Weighting (happens far more often than you might imagine)?