Feature Request: Localize Unified Classroom

mrjarbenne
Professional

Feature Request: Localize Unified Classroom

We have localized a number of screens within PTP. Are there similar localization settings available for Unified Classroom?

5 Replies
MuskanS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi! @mrjarbenne,

Unified Classroom users can select certain languages by navigating to their Profile Settings --> Additional Options as shown below in the screenshot.

Local.png

Each user can change the language within the Unified Classrooms and this additional language setting is applied only for the Unified Classrooms and not the class pages. 

If you have any queries, feel free to reach us!

Muskan Sehar

PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Moderator
mrjarbenne
Professional

Thanks @MuskanS 

We use the localization settings to customize the language for our Province. In Ontario, Standards are called Overall Expectations (in Nova Scotia, they refer to them as Outcomes). In PowerSchool we are able to leverage the localization settings to change navigation elements in PowerTeacher Pro. For example, we have changed the Standards Progress screen to be called Overall Expectations Progress. These changes, created in the admin side of PowerSchool, are reflected in PowerTeacher Pro, but not in Unified Classroom.

It looks like in UC the localization files are managed remotely, and not locally in the admin area of the student information system, is that correct?

jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

Thank you for this information!

In Unified Classroom, the title of Standards Progress is not customizable and does not sync the localization setting from PowerSchool SIS.  Since the Standards Progress page is hard-coded into Unified Classroom, I do not believe there is a customization that will allow the change of the title.

However, I will submit an enhancement request with the Unified Classroom Product team to allow the title of the Standards Progress page to be customized.  

Exceptional People Offering Exceptional Solutions
Explore Becoming a PowerSchool Mentor today!
mrjarbenne
Professional

Thanks @jamiem7, I appreciate you putting in the request. Could I ask that you expand the scope of the feature request to fully address the issue raised? Standards Progress is just one example of a number of different instances of language that doesn't match our regional needs. We are able to make the language changes in PowerTeacher Pro, but the functionality doesn't cascade over to Unified Classroom.

What we are looking for is the ability to customize the language in UC, in the same manner that has been promoted within PTP (See point #9: http://go.powerschool.com/rs/861-RMI-846/images/PS%20ON%20Top%2010%20041316.pdf)

jamiem7
Lead Community Moderator
Lead Community Moderator

Absolutely!  

I have reached out to the Unified Classroom team to share the link you provided for Ontario PowerSchool users.  Especially the area that shows the text and online help can be tailored to accommodate preferred educational terms, offering more than the basic language settings, and the option of creating translations.

Exceptional People Offering Exceptional Solutions
Explore Becoming a PowerSchool Mentor today!