Editing historical attendance

eboothmos
Hobbyist

Editing historical attendance

Hi, 

I am an administrator for an online school, and I have an issue with some teachers who have not completed their attendance records for a few of their classes. We've asked them to go back and complete any uncomplete attendance records, but a few are coming back and saying they cannot edit historical records. I'm assuming this is possible, so would someone mind providing a step by step process for how to do this? Alternatively, is there a way for the administration team to edit attendance records for a class? 

Thanks!

Emily

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanM3
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Admin with view/modify rights can change and/or update attendance. Generally speaking teachers can modify on in a limited time frame. There is an admin setup feature that specifies the range. At my school teachers can only modify attendance for the current day.

Dan Morgan
Saint Mary's College High School - Berkeley, CA
PowerSchool Hosted - v 20.4.3 - 600 Students
PowerSchool User and Admin since 2000

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DanM3
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Admin with view/modify rights can change and/or update attendance. Generally speaking teachers can modify on in a limited time frame. There is an admin setup feature that specifies the range. At my school teachers can only modify attendance for the current day.

Dan Morgan

View solution in original post

eboothmos
Hobbyist

Thanks for your response! 

I believe we allow our teachers to edit their attendance records for 1 week after the class meeting. Is there a way they can easily modify the attendance for a class that happened earlier in the week? 

Thanks,

Emily

DanM3
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

You can set it up to 20 days before and 20 days after in the attendance settings.

They would go to the chair to take attendance and select multi-day view. Make the changes and then submit.

Dan Morgan