Create Basic Assignment opens to a blank page

ChristopherG1
Hobbyist

Create Basic Assignment opens to a blank page

Cannot create a basic assignment - opens to a blank page with save/duplicate/cancel at the bottom.  Happens on all browsers and various devices. Can still create in Learning/Class pages.

1 Solution
DanM3
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

We had some problems yesterday loading any page in the Unified Classroom (it was bascially a white page) but it finally cleared up. I just created a basic assignment right now and it worked fine. Have you completed EOY and finished all of the necessary work for the start of a new year? You might try navigating to a class from last year and see if the same thing happens.

Dan Morgan
Saint Mary's College High School - Berkeley, CA
PowerSchool Hosted - v 20.4.3 - 600 Students
PowerSchool User and Admin since 2000

View solution in original post

9 Replies
DanM3
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

We had some problems yesterday loading any page in the Unified Classroom (it was bascially a white page) but it finally cleared up. I just created a basic assignment right now and it worked fine. Have you completed EOY and finished all of the necessary work for the start of a new year? You might try navigating to a class from last year and see if the same thing happens.

Dan Morgan

ldougher
Journeyman

We are having this happen now for one teacher...how did you fix it?!  I've tried everything, differen devices, restarting, incognito, nothing.

DanM3
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

We did nothing. It was temporary issue that day with the Unified Classroom.

Dan Morgan

ChristopherG1
Hobbyist

If the teacher is assigned as a teaching assistant or other non teaching category for another section in the PowerSchool SIS they will not be able to open up the basic assignment page.  I removed the teacher from the section where they were assigned as a lesser role and everything worked.  

ldougher
Journeyman

This is a lead teacher. Co-teachers can make assignments fine and it happened before we added a co-teacher to the section.

ChristopherG1
Hobbyist

Is this lead teacher the lead teacher in all their powerschool sections for all the classes they are scheduled with?

If they have a lesser role in any of their scheduled classes this would cause this issue.

ldougher
Journeyman

Yes, she is the lead teacher in all their powerschool sections they are scheduled for.

ldougher
Journeyman

@ChristopherG1 You were right!  She WAS listed as a class observer for two sections (but I overlooked them earlier). I removed her as a class observer for those two sections and voila she can create assignments now.  HOWEVER, she needs to be on those sections.  Can she be a co-teacher or is the bug that any time a "lead teacher" is listed as less than a co-teacher (class observer, teacher's aide, etc.) they can't create assignments?

ChristopherG1
Hobbyist

Assigning the role of co-teacher or job share teacher should work  for those sections where the teacher was previously assigned as an observer.