Confused with Unified and PowerTeacherPro

ksn5798

Confused with Unified and PowerTeacherPro

I am confused between Unified, Pro, and Learning  - When I wanted to change an assignment to a different score I had to go to Learning?

Seems they aren't all synching? Seems Unified is for High School more than Elementary?

I have grades in, but in unified it says 26/26 Scored and 0/26 done?

I can't see all the kids' names on one page.

In PowerTPro the grades are there

9 Replies
Community Moderator jamiem7
Community Moderator

Re: Confused with Unified and PowerTeacherPro

Thank you for posting your question in the PowerSchool Community!

In Unified Classroom, users can create Learning assignments in class pages and Unified Classroom assessments.  PowerSchool Learning and Unified Classroom assignments and assessments scores sync with PowerTeacher Pro, however, assignments within PowerSchool Learning do not sync with Unified Classroom. 

To utilize the Microsoft and Google handout feature, we recommend creating Unified Classroom assignments and assessments.  I have added two links below that should guide you through the process of creating Unified Classroom assignments and assessments.  

https://docs.powerschool.com/UCHT/add-an-assignment#AddanAssignment-AddanAssignmentusingCreate

https://docs.powerschool.com/UCHT/class-pages/add-an-assignment-content-block

The 'done' option allows the student to mark the assignment as completed in Unified Classroom.  The student can submit the assignment without marking any part of the assignment as 'done'.  The scoring will be the student's score for the assignment.

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
econleyshannon
Practitioner

The community support expert gave the best advice thus far.... That being said, we are constantly having issues with teachers using both Learning and Unified classroom and posting assignments different ways (some use learning and some use classroom).   This is a headache for students and parents trying to learn how to navigate the system.  Powerschool needs to stop compartmentalizing it's products to sell in chunks and instead work on streamlining making more continuous LMS/SIS integration.

Community Moderator

Thank you for sharing the experience within your district regarding the multiple options to create an assignment/assessment in Unified Classroom!   

I have shared your feedback with the Unified Classroom Product Team who are looking into ways to improve this functionality within Unified Classroom!

Jamie H.
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
nsarver
Hobbyist

I can't give this comment enough "Kudos."  We're almost through the first quarter and there is still confusion and "lost". (Are they in Unfied Classroom? Are they under the progress tab??) assignments when teachers create assignments.  Students cant find them and miss work or have to find alternatives ways to turn them in.  It's really a nightmare.  

Community Moderator

Thank you for responding in the PowerSchool Community!

I'm sorry to hear you feel confused within Unified Classroom.  I would love to assist you with the navigation in Unified Classroom.  All assignments should be found within the Dashboard based on the due date of each assignment.  Are you able to locate the assignment information within the Dashboard?  Are you creating assignments globally or within Class Pages?

Jamie H.
nsarver
Hobbyist

The problem is that some teachers are assigning through Class Pages using content blocks or under the Assignments tab.  Other teachers have stumbled across the handout option when putting assignments in the scoresheet - thinking that it will show on their Class Pages as well because it's an assignment - so why wouldn't it show where their other assignments show up??  

The problem is we have this program in place for our K-12 district.  Overall, it's very hard for our youngest students and those who have special needs to navigate the program independently.  It confusing for our MS/HS students who could potentially have a different way of finding and handing in assignments in each one of their classes throughout the day.  That leads to a domino effect where parents are often lost and confused when trying to help their kids.  

Community Moderator

Thank you for responding with this information!

I understand there is room for confusion since two types of assignments can be created within Unified Classroom.  Assignments can be created globally within Unified Classroom and within Class Pages.  The assignments are different types of assignments, therefore, they have different methods of access by both the teachers and students.   

Because of this, PowerSchool has added a feature that will allow the district to disable the creation of assignments within Class Pages.  This will limit the ability to create assignments for teachers to only allow assignments to be globally created in Unified Classroom.  I have added an article below that will guide teachers through the process of globally creating and managing assignments within Unified Classroom.  

If you would like to disable the feature of creating assignments in Class Pages, I recommend reaching out to a Unified Classroom Administrator to request the feature is disabled within the district.  You can also reach out to a PowerSchool Designated Support Contact within the district if further assistance disabling the feature is required.

https://docs.powerschool.com/UCHT/add-an-assignment

Jamie H.
nsarver
Hobbyist

Can we disable the “globally” created assignments? It’s so much easier to to have ALL class information on Class Pages. It just makes sense to keep assignments there ONLY. Especially when a student is going there to find class information, class content, even assessments. Please remember, your product is geared towards students - of all ages and abilities - ease of use and proper organization is KEY!
Community Moderator

This is a great question! 

Currently, only the assignments within Class Pages can be disabled by admin within Unified Classroom.  I have expressed your request to the Unified Classroom Product Team to add the ability within Unified Classroom for admin to disable/enable assignments that are globally created.

Jamie H.