Browser scrolling to top

LindseyS8
Journeyman

Browser scrolling to top

Has anyone else had their class oage scroll up when they try to scroll down?

We have been consistently having this issue when on the unified classroom dashboard or when creating assignments as well as when on learning pages.

What I mean is that I can edit the page or click on things I can see on my page....but if I try to scroll to a lower portion of the page it pops back up.  Safari seems to be always having this issue, but it appears ofen in Chrome as well.  

Our students use iPads, so they need Safari.  This has become a huge issue as they cannot access any content that is on the lower portion of any class page or their dashboard.

I have spoken to support and they had very little information to give.  We need a solution asap!

9 Replies
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Re: Browser scrolling to top

We've had some teachers who use Safari complain about this (even after they turn on always show scrolling in system preferences) but no reported issues with users of Firefox or Chrome.  So, I'm not sure if this is really a PowerSchool issue or a Safari bug. Developing webpages with a multitude of devices and browsers is definetely challenging. Chrome is also available on the iPad, so you might have someone test that option out at your school.

LindseyS8
Journeyman

We have encountered the issue in Chrome both on Mac and iPad, though less often.  It is inconsistent so the times I have called they tried to remote in and see it but of course it wasn't happening at that moment.  Hopefully we will get more answer soon.

Community Support Expert AbrittyB
Community Support Expert

Hey @LindseyS8, thank you for your post on PowerSchool Community !!!

I understand your concern regarding the pages not scrolling down in the browser and I regret your inconvenience.

I would recommend you reach out to the Technical Contact to report the issue with Support. This will allow us to gather more information and follow up directly within a case for updates.

Please let us know if there is anything more we can assist you with.

KimB10
Recruit

Yes, we are consistantly having the same issues. We have called several times and were told to use Chrome instead of Safari.

Community Support Expert

Hello @KimB10, thanks for reaching out to PowerSchool Community !!!

I understand your concern regarding the pages not scrolling down in the browser and I regret your inconvenience.

I have a great thread addressing a similar issue: Browser Scrolling to Top Issue

Hope this helps !!!

Please let us know if there is anything more we can assist you with.

PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@AbrittyB It looks like you linked to this tread by mistake and not one that might have a solution or workaround.

Community Support Expert

Hello @DanM3,

Thank You so much for your response on PowerSchool Community !!

I apologize for this mistake and I am grateful to you to bring this to our notice.

We are looking into the Browser Scrolling Issue so that it can be resolved as soon as possible. Also, we strongly recommend reaching out to Support, so that we can gather information to help troubleshoot and resolve the issue, and to provide direct communication when updates are available.

I again apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience as we work to resolve the scrolling issue

Please let us know if we can assist you with anything.

nsarver
Hobbyist

It's 9/30 and we're still getting complaints of this happening.  We've been told (from tech support) to use Chrome for now but not sure that is a sufficient answer. We use apple products and safari is often the default.  Wish they would just fix the issue.

Community Support Expert ElstonS
Community Support Expert

Hi @nsarver

Thank you for participating in our PowerSchool Community!

After researching the scrolling issue with the Support & Product Teams for Unified Classroom, we have determined the issue is within Apple. Apple has provided an update that they are working on it and it may be fixed in Apple's next release. To confirm an update with Apple, we recommend you reach out to Apple Support. 

I've provided a link below that should direct you to Apple Support: 

Apple Support

Hope this helps and please feel free to reach out to us if you have any further queries. 

Elston S.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!