4/6/20 - 502 Bad Gateway

Highlighted
Hobbyist

4/6/20 - 502 Bad Gateway

Entire staff, all students, and all parents are receiving 502 Gateway error message.  This is unacceptable.  How are we supposed to provide students with any type of instruction or help during this time if we are using Unified Classroom??

10 Replies
Highlighted
Rookie

Re: 4/6/20 - 502 Bad Gateway

Agreed. Can we please get some communication about what's going on and what the timeline is for fixing it?

Highlighted
Hobbyist

Right?  The status updates are too vague.  If you check @Community Member on Twitter they have been posting on how they've been scaling Schoology for increased demand.  What about their users stuck using Unified Classroom for the rest of the year?  We still have students counting on us.

Highlighted
Hobbyist

We are having the same issue. Since this appears to be a system wide issue. There should have been a system alert on this site.

Highlighted
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

The site to check on the status of PowerSchool products can be found at:  https://status.powerschool.com/  You can also signed up to get notifications, especially if you are the system admin at your school and/or district. 

PowerSchool first posted an alert about issues with Class Pages and the Unified Classroom at 7:05 AM PDT on Monday, April 6.  They may not getting better at resolving the issues in a timely manner, but I will give them some credit for posting updates in a more timely manner.

PS  I agree it is very frustrating. I think we will see more issues at the start of each week as more schools begin to roll out their distance learning programs around the United States.

Dan Morgan
Saint Mary's College High School
Berkeley, CA
PowerSchool Hosted - v 20.4.3 - 600 Students
PowerSchool User and Admin since 2000
Highlighted
Hobbyist

Most of my teachers have this site bookmarked, they have to refer to it so much.  The status wasn't updated until about twenty minutes after we first experienced the problems.  That's where most of the frustration came from - we can't access program but the status report states that it's operational.  It states 7:05 (9:05 my time) but I was checking the site consistently from 9 - 9:20 and it stated operational. 

I don't know of any other program that has consistent problems for weeks at a time.  

Highlighted
Journeyman

Our school here is well is getting this error message also. Please help!

Highlighted
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

Unified Classroom and Learning - UNSTABLE

We have had nothing but issues with UC and Learning since starting distance learning 3 weeks ago. This has been the most exasperating 3 weeks.

A notification that UC has had disruptions is unacceptable. There needs to be a notification from the person in charge. This is ridiculous. 3 weeks of instability is enough.

You are the largest Student Information System and you can't get this right. We always had issues with it since we bought it, but now forget it it is unusable.

You should be working around the clock to get this fixed. Stop putting out videos on how the system is supposed to work and fix it first.

Highlighted
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

You are so right. this is completely unacceptable. it now has been down since 10 am EST 5 hours. Ridiculous from the largest SIS. 

Highlighted
Professional

I dont know when PowerSchool is just going to scrap Unified Classroom.  We have had nothing but issues.  The best thing thing we did was rush the Schoology upgrade path and get conncted to the SIS this past winter and go through onboarding.  With the falure of PSUC (mainly Class pages)  we got almost all our staff moved to Schoology with a ton of effort.  We are not transfering thier content.  They like Schoology so much they dont even care.  We are very lucky to have a fall back.