"Smart Text" in PowerTeacher Pro Comments

m2murray

"Smart Text" in PowerTeacher Pro Comments

In Gradebook we were able to write unique comments using "Smart Text" tags for name and pronouns. In PowerTeacher Pro the tags are accepted as part of the comment, but names and pronouns don't populate (instead we just get blanks) when the comment reports are printed in PowerSchool.

Has anyone else noticed this issue? These are for unique comments, not comments drawn from the district or user comment banks. Anything that we're missing in terms of settings?

thanks, Michael

1 Reply
Angelam7
Veteran

Re: "Smart Text" in PowerTeacher Pro Comments

Hi @m2murray,

Thank you for your post!  I understand the names and pronouns are not populating when using smart text.  Would you provide a screenshot of an example for further review?  Please, make sure student information is not visible in the screenshot.  In the meantime, I am providing an article below that has more information and may resolve the issue at hand.  

https://help.powerschool.com/t5/PowerSchool-PowerTeacher-Pro/PowerTeacher-Pro-Comments-and-Smart-Tex...

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Angelam7
PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!