Wish Item: 'Copy Question Button' in Assessments

DavidElm4884
Journeyman

Wish Item: 'Copy Question Button' in Assessments

I've been using the PowerSchool assessments in Practice Mode to create a number of assignments for my Math and Physics students. 

I usually have sections with 3 or 4 highly similar questions, and so I end up retyping similar question and re-uploading the same sets of diagrams for answers. 

So I wish there was a 'copy question' button in PowerSchool Classroom.

3 Replies
Community Support Expert jamiem7
Community Support Expert

Re: Wish Item: 'Copy Question Button' in Assessments

Thank you for your post in the Community! 

The ability to duplicate an item should be available in Unified Classroom.  To duplicate an item, try following the steps below.

1. On the navigation menu, click Library, and then choose Assessment Items.
  2. Hovering over an assessment item reveals two icons, the View icon and the Edit icon.
  3. Click the Edit icon to open the item.
  4. Select Duplicate in the lower right corner.
  5. Click OK.
    • A new copy is created, which is noted by the word "Copy" appearing at the end of the item name.

If a new version of a passage used in the item has been created, you can change the old version of the passage with the new version.  An alert stating "some features on this item have newer versions available," appears.  You can choose to Dismiss the alert or Review the feature versions and select which one you would like to use.

I have provided a link below that will guide you through the process of duplicating an item in Unified Classroom Assessments.

https://docs.powerschool.com/UCHT/library/assessment-items/duplicating-items

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
DavidElm4884
Journeyman

Thank you for your quick reply.  I'll give this a shot, but...

Okay, I don't want to sound snarky, but that doesn't sound as great as a single button for this funciton.

Just sayin'.

-David

Community Support Expert jamiem7
Community Support Expert

I will be happy to submit a feature request to the PowerSchool Product Team on your behalf.  We love receiving feedback and suggestions to improve Unified Classroom.

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!