Viewable file formats in UC Grading

chamada
Hobbyist

Viewable file formats in UC Grading

In a demo that we saw last year, I am 99.9% certain that we were shown that the document viewer (Moxtra, I believe is who provided it) within UC allowed for the viewing of Apple-formatted documents (pages, keynote, numbers) without needing to download them. However, when I just tried as a test, it now says that I need to download those types of files in order to view them.

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 10.06.29 AM.png

Am I going crazy? Has something changed in the last year, or has this always been the case and I am mis-remembering?

Thanks!

Clint

5 Replies
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Re: Viewable file formats in UC Grading

I remember it being much more robust when we were shown it well over a year ago. Much to my surprise at the start of this year when we implemented the UC, it couldn't even view PDFs!

chamada
Hobbyist

I'm glad I'm not going crazy! Thanks for confirming.

Community Moderator jamiem7
Community Moderator

Thank you for your post in the Community!

Moxtra should allow iWork files to be viewed without downloading within Class Pages.  I have submitted a feature request to the Product Team on your behalf to implement the view of iWork files throughout all modules of Unified Classroom.  

Here is a link that will walk through all document types that work with the Assignment Annotator.

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
chamada
Hobbyist

Thanks Jamie. Unfortunately, we are unable to annotate assignments that have been submitted to UC if they have been created as a Basic Assignment (i.e. can attach standards). 

If Moxtra is enabled and will allow for annotation on a UC Basic Assignment, that would be a HUGE step forward. Please do update us if/when you have an idea of when this feature will be enabled.

Clint

Community Moderator jamiem7
Community Moderator

Absolutely!  

We will send communication once we are able to review the feature request and see if we are able to implement into Unified Classroom.

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!