UC Assignments Block on Class Pages

mshipherd
Journeyman

UC Assignments Block on Class Pages

We're getting the spinning circle of death on UC Assigments blocks once anything over about 5 assigments have been added. The entire class page will load except the UC Assigments block (see attached screenshot) . It happens for teachers and students. We've tried multiple networks so we know that's not the problem. Anyone else have this issue?Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 9.12.35 AM.png

8 Replies
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Re: UC Assignments Block on Class Pages

I only did limited testing this summer with individual assignments. If the page is set to public and you view it that way, you will see the spinning wheel when trying to view the UC content block. 

mshipherd
Journeyman

so do you know how we could fix that?

PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

For our situation when the general public access the class pages via our website, PowerSchool said there is no solution. It's only available to those who have a UC account. (Obviously this is unacceptable to us because we believe in more transparent class pages.) I will do some testing to see if it happens with five or more here.

PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

So I'm curious as I'm preparing to give my presentation on this to new teachers in the district... were your pages in fact public pages?  Our class pages are available to anyone in the class roster (including parents) or anyone with the link.  Many of our teachers include school software logins or pictures from class activities that we don't want made public to the world so we opted for this security level.  I'm wondering if my teachers will run into the same thing.  Trying to think outside the box... I'm curious if creating multiple assignment blocks and/or making older assignments blocks inactive would help with load time?  My thought being that maybe smaller chunks of data would speed things up??  Just a theory though... no actual testing to back it up. 

Victoria A. Provost
“You’ll miss the best things if you keep your eyes shut.” - Dr. Seuss
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Our principal wants any parent or potential parent to be able to see the class pages. Teachers have always had their class pages public so it's nothing new or a big deal. And given the fiasco last year with the onboarding of parents to the UC, it ensured that parents continued to have the same access to class information as they did in the past.

Community Moderator jamiem7
Community Moderator

Thank you for posting in the PowerSchool Community!

If you are continuing to experiencing the loading icon on assignment blocks in Unified Classroom, I recommend reaching out to Unified Classroom Support to look into why the script is being blocked.  Unified Classroom Support should be able to review your script to further assist.

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
RYANS28
Journeyman

We have been told to stop putting assignments onto our class pages and only enter them through the dashboard. I wish there was a quick way to add an assignment while on the class page. As it is, I have to go too the dashboard or grade book to access the button.

Screenshot 2019-08-19 at 3.11.43 PM.png

Community Moderator jamiem7
Community Moderator

Thank you for reaching out to the PowerSchool Community!

PowerSchool Learning assignments are created within Class Pages.  Unified Classroom assignments can be created using the Unified Classroom dashboard.  I would recommend discussing rather your district would like educators to create PowerSchool Learning assignments or Unified Classroom assignments within the Unified Classroom portal.

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!